IGNORED

CAT 087 - Melodies From Mars Unplayed Vinyl Test Pressing On Ebay!

Joyrex

I'd bid against you Steve but that would just make the price go up.

I'd rather see someone here get it! Everyone! Resist your bids!!!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we manage to pull another kickstarter off, we will have started a whole new scope for music distribution!

lol, only if you're famous

I can't imagine rasing $70k for a Pselodux album

You'd be surprised at the shit that gets donated to on kickstarter. I was going though the list of funders for the cat023, and some people had put money towards hundreds of of kickstarters, seems like a dollar here dollar there sometimes more sort of thing, but still. One guy had contributed towards over a thousand kickstarters.

Doesn't mean that you're getting 70K though, you're right, but it doesn't invalidate the method either. Just another way for fans to pay you.

Oh yeah, I'm hoping to set one up to help fund a vinyl pressing (and maybe even studio time) later in the year. I'm just not expecting much!

We all needs high quality rips of these as well.....

Are we going to get them or do we have to track down whomever buys it and force them to rip it for us?

What has transgressed?

Did I miss a post about how we are all going to have rips of this???????

TELL ME PAPA!

If there's a way I could contribute some to get quality digital copies (like we did with "Caustic Window"), count me in. I'm a bit more excited about the prospect of owning copies of this, tbh.

I'd be more than happy to kickstart MFM

Yo, so this is like the complete version with tracks fully refined and shit and new tracks and shit? That aren't on the leak and shit?

And this ^

I'm betting Rephlex said no to Kickstarter these other records because that would start to set a president. Doing it once is exciting, unusual and novel. Or something like that, possibly, or possibly not.

I'm betting Rephlex said no to Kickstarter these other records because that would start to set a president. Doing it once is exciting, unusual and novel. Or something like that, possibly, or possibly not.

Good point, I can definitely agree with that argument as well. Joyrex did say it was mostly because of the fact that there are already rips of those albums though.

also agreed

pbthal said he would rip Caustic Window LP back when everyone was trying to figure out the best way to go about ripping the thing.

I'm sure he would rip MFM.

It would be a lot easier to do it officially through kickstarter, but if the winner of the auction chose to do so, they could probably send it in for a top-of-the-line rip.

Good point, I can definitely agree with that argument as well. Joyrex did say it was mostly because of the fact that there are already rips of those albums though.

That's another reason too - this was fun an unique, and doing it again (no matter how much "sense" it makes to fans) would kinda run the uniqueness.

Coincidentally, that's what Sean (of AE) told me when I proposed a similar idea for a Quaristice soundboard Kickstarter (and the fact that no soundboards exist, unfortunately)...

Archived