IGNORED

CAT 087 - Melodies From Mars Unplayed Vinyl Test Pressing On Ebay!

Joyrex

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's getting predictable, isn't it? :music: I'm with Stephen, this is clearly a promotional campaign for the new version of MFM, just like the CWLP was a promotional campaign for Syro. It's time for Grant to find a new job, maybe? LOL.

Erm, no. CWLP had nothing to do with SYRO; SYRO was in WARP's offices in December. Just coincidence.

Aphex..... Coincidence?

does not compute.

edit: also it being in Warp's offices since December doesn't mean much at all. New merch was being put out, there was activity through official aphex outlets, grants posting hinting about a kickstarter, etc etc etc all happened over the course of a year.

After 13 years a year or two long marketing stunt isn't that far fetched. I'm not saying you knew anything about it of course, you could have been taken for a ride just like the rest of us.

And either way it's all awesome. CWLP = great, Syro = great.

Great!

There really wasn't a CWLP - SYRO connection - while Grant may have mentioned Kickstarter on XLT jokingly, the original idea was to sell it on Discogs (which was happening when we intervened). There were no plans on actually releasing the CWLP to the public prior to my involvement.

It's getting predictable, isn't it? :music: I'm with Stephen, this is clearly a promotional campaign for the new version of MFM, just like the CWLP was a promotional campaign for Syro. It's time for Grant to find a new job, maybe? LOL.

Erm, no. CWLP had nothing to do with SYRO; SYRO was in WARP's offices in December. Just coincidence.

Aphex..... Coincidence?

does not compute.

edit: also it being in Warp's offices since December doesn't mean much at all. New merch was being put out, there was activity through official aphex outlets, grants posting hinting about a kickstarter, etc etc etc all happened over the course of a year.

After 13 years a year or two long marketing stunt isn't that far fetched. I'm not saying you knew anything about it of course, you could have been taken for a ride just like the rest of us.

Great!

There really wasn't a CWLP - SYRO connection - while Grant may have mentioned Kickstarter on XLT jokingly, the original idea was to sell it on Discogs (which was happening when we intervened). There were no plans on actually releasing the CWLP to the public prior to my involvement.

Its crazy you were actually involved in getting Syro out there. I sincerely think if it wasn't for that kickstarter we would be waiting a loooooot longer for that album. He would just continue to sit on those tracks and ponder if its worth releasing. So thanks for that!

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on the testpressing?

What do you mean? It's in the hands of a collector, if that's what you wanted to know.

Umm, not really. I thought that would happen. That is what auction sites are for. I just thought there might be another Kickstarter thing for the MFM testpressing.

Hope dies last... :cry:

Aphex..... Coincidence?

does not compute.

Great!

Its crazy you were actually involved in getting Syro out there. I sincerely think if it wasn't for that kickstarter we would be waiting a loooooot longer for that album. He would just continue to sit on those tracks and ponder if its worth releasing. So thanks for that!

I really don't think the Kickstarter had anything to do with SYRO being released when it did - WARP has said they had the album since last December, and were apparently planning on releasing it in the fall as it happened. I think the Kickstarter just raised the awareness/hype up a bit, if at all.

Any news on the testpressing?

What do you mean? It's in the hands of a collector, if that's what you wanted to know.

Umm, not really. I thought that would happen. That is what auction sites are for. I just thought there might be another Kickstarter thing for the MFM testpressing.

Hope dies last... :cry:

No, unfortunately not - trust me, I asked!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived