IGNORED

Ming Star - King of Woolworths

fumi

Was going throigh my collection and found this. Hadn't played it in years. Great album that has aged very well. I think the 'Bakerloo' track was used on a TV advert in the UK a few years back.

Top quality album. Very under-rated in my humble opinion. Some lovely samples that seem to pre-date the hauntological stuff - one of them is from 'The Night of the Demon'

Some of the vibes I get from this: walking around London suburbs in the early 1970s, that kids TV show with 'Hartley the Hare', just weird associations.

Anyone else got it?

Yeah I got it but also haven't played it in years. Bakerloo is the only track I can really remember, and then there's one with a creepy stalker phone call or some lady calling the police or some shit, if I'm not mixing it up with some other album that is. Might have a listen when I get home tonight.

i remember this. not sure if i still have it, and yes. i remember liking it a lot. reminded me (at the time) of those soundtrack type albums by barry adamson

Archived