IGNORED

Would you pay $10 for a high quality rip of AB5 or MFM ?

afxual healing

AB5 and MFM  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay $10 for a rip of AB5 or MFM

• AB5
    • MFM

People buying the vinyls of MFM and AB05 will make a GREAT rip and upload it online and you won't have to pay to download it and Rich & Grant don't care either. So what's the problem, guys? We should focus on getting in touch with the buyers instead, once they own the LP's.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stupid phone. Was trying to post that nothing is happening with these releases right now, but if we can get grant and Richard's attention, maybe we can change that.

They have our attention - make no mistake - but they've already said no to doing such a thing.

People buying the vinyls of MFM and AB05 will make a GREAT rip and upload it online and you won't have to pay to download it and Rich & Grant don't care either. So what's the problem, guys? We should focus on getting in touch with the buyers instead, once they own the LP's.

Yeah, that's inevitable (it was with CAT 023 once it was released to the masses) - not exactly legal per se, but as long as the owners of the vinyl don't profit off it, I'm sure it wouldn't ruffle their feathers any.

I already have pretty much perfect rips of AB5 and MFM (both almost sounding like they were ripped from a professional CD pressing than a vinyl test pressing). But having said that, I would love to buy an official release of both albums, preferably a proper LP or CD release, but an official Rephlex digital release would be great as well. Too bad we know that this won't happen as there are already way too many people that have the MP3 versions that have been floating around the web for some 15+ years now, but I'm sure the majority of those people would love to have a proper physical copy pressed up directly from the original DATs...

I'm sure that if the whole kickstarter thing was to be done again, most people would want some more unheard Aphex tunes, like some tracks off of those 14 (or more) C-90 cassettes given out to friends that the SAW 85-92 tracks were selected off of. That is something I'm sure people would gladly pay $20 for a digital release of (or more, depending on how many tracks were released!) :D

Hands down, yes, but it does make logical sense to why they wouldn't do another kickstarter due to the first one being '' something new and unique '' That does make sense, but I hope for whoever ends up bying these albums do it themselves, i wouldn't underestimate something like that happening at all, regardless, my rips of AB5 and MFM sound pretty damn good, but an official release would ALSO be unique, Richard!

Guest bitroast

What about a professionally pressed CD of ABB5?

vinyl pls.

I don't mind buying digitals (easy to store) and I enjoy buying vinyls, but CDs (for me, entirely IMO here) is an annoyance. They just store digital data (ie. similar to digital files over internet) but come in annoying plastic case that's easy to damage and you have to store it. you have to store a physical item that holds digital information and the digital information will likely just be encoded to small digital information (mp3) and stored on computer. I hate CDs :S pls no cd. vinyl pls !!

vinyl pls.

I don't mind buying digitals (easy to store) and I enjoy buying vinyls, but CDs (for me, entirely IMO here) is an annoyance. They just store digital data (ie. similar to digital files over internet) but come in annoying plastic case that's easy to damage and you have to store it. you have to store a physical item that holds digital information and the digital information will likely just be encoded to small digital information (mp3) and stored on computer. I hate CDs :S pls no cd. vinyl pls !!

This. I would buy the ever living fuck out of AB5 on vinyl. Please.

vinyl pls.

LOL as if there is a difference between digital files and vinyl

oh right, more noise

vinyl pls.

oh right, more noise

lol - he doesn't know one day his hard drive'll unleash & lost some files downloaded... lol

vinyl pls.

oh right, more noise

lol - he doesn't know one day his hard drive'll unleash & lost some files downloaded... lol

Id buy the cd for sure, but dont do digital for that exact reason. Shit happens, and having a hard copy lets me know i still have access to the music i purchased.

vinyl pls.

oh right, more noise

Id buy the cd for sure, but dont do digital for that exact reason. Shit happens, and having a hard copy lets me know i still have access to the music i purchased.

Ya know, but the more you spin a vinyl, the more pops it gets. And I don't know what you'd have to do to break a CD

Ya know, but the more you spin a vinyl, the more pops it gets. And I don't know what you'd have to do to break a CD

If you spin a CD-ROM fast enough it will phase in and out of this dimension.

True story:

If you spin a CD-ROM fast enough it will phase in and out of this dimension.

True story:

Nah, as in, play it. Should have been clearer

It's been so long since i heard MFM i can't remember exactly what the sound quality was like on those mp3's that were going about years ago, but i think it was a bit lo-fi. Did someone say they were sourced from an old Bush cassette tape? Even with expertly ripped vinyl you can still hear it crackling in the silent parts. Don't mind it too much as long you get all the high end/low end goodness. The old AB5 mp3's i had sound good but get progressively more crackly as the album progresses as if the stylus needs wiped down with a wet cloth at the end of each track.

Wipe at end of each track, then oh no each track crackles more towards the end.

Wipe at end of each measure, then oh no each measure crackles more towards the end.

Wipe at end of each bar, then oh no each bar crackles more towards the end.

Wipe at end of each beat, then oh no each beat crackles more towards the end.

We could be here a while.

Archived