IGNORED

How much unreleased material Steinvord might have by now?

pissflaps

Guest jasondonervan

your humor is heavy

try not to repeat like a parrot

use your brain instead to turn in round

ee4c1dde4dcb5a00a976e9aec2afb299b17fd30d

*feels bad*

thanks! i'll finally be able to laugh soon! :spiteful:

no, my somewhat awkward mix of cold repetitive break beats and random ambiance is no laughing matter. Each of my tracks mean something to me. I wrote Lyff Acid after I broke into rdj's house and I wrote cyg x-1 after I broke into tom's house. isn't it obvious?

it's obvious! ;-)

your humor is heavy

try not to repeat like a parrot

use your brain instead to turn in round

ee4c1dde4dcb5a00a976e9aec2afb299b17fd30d

*feels bad*

lol

it's obvious! ;-)

Mate, I think you might have Marcus Gunn syndrome? You might need to get that checked. Anyways, got to go. I am a professional pimp as well after all!

it's obvious! ;-)

Mate, I think you might have Marcus Gunn syndrome? You might need to get that checked. Anyways, got to go. I am a professional pimp as well after all!

What? You do not know me or very badly and you allow yourself to believe things about me! Funny way to think like that. You're a professional pimp after all! Good for you! But in fact, you're professional pimp of diseases?

• 1 month later...

Actually another artist who has literally no online presence was Remano Eszildn on Planet Mu. They released an album of his, and that was that. Nothing about him before it came out and nothing afterwards. A pseudonym of someone else, perhaps?

There's a pic of him along with a profile and short bio in Planet-Mu, so we know it's a real person.

I still can't find of any other similar case (a musician that it isn't even clear if it's a real person or not).

We have people in masks = Daft Punk

We have people with no online presence, but we know they are real people = Remano, Burial, Boards of Canada...

We have people that never give out any interviews = Lead guy in Death Grips

Can't find any other case where there isn't picture evidence, not even with masks, no interviews, no e-activity... what the hell.

Wasn’t there originally a bio and picture for Frost Jockey on Mu, before Mike P admitted casually that it was him?

What about that old LP on Ninja Tune (the name escapes me right now) that basically sounds completely like Hard Normal Daddy? There’s a picture “of” that guy but did we ever really settle whether he was truly a real guy?

There was a Syntheme stand-in for a while too, right?

This was a one off fuck around by the masters. Maybe rich will say something when he interviews for the next album in 2027. 'Hey grant, here's some shit me and the boys banged out over ftp 7 years ago. yeah, verdana...perfect. make it happen. What? Oh, uhhhh...steinvord. cheers' *chesirecatgrin*

Can't find any other case where there isn't picture evidence, not even with masks, no interviews, no e-activity... what the hell.

Simulant is another brilliant act that has no presence anywhere whatsoever. A couple of EPs were released and other than that, complete silence for years on.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/495-Simulant

Already had it...but... ehm perhaps I didn't gave it enough listen. Always got stuck in my mind as strikingly similar to Tompusher, but without the sticking power.

LOL

This was a one off fuck around by the masters. Maybe rich will say something when he interviews for the next album in 2027. 'Hey grant, here's some shit me and the boys banged out over ftp 7 years ago. yeah, verdana...perfect. make it happen. What? Oh, uhhhh...steinvord. cheers' *chesirecatgrin*

Rephlex is famous for not putting much into artwork, this one is similar to the steinvord vinyl and black and white with plain text in general is standard for EPs, specially in electronic music, tons of techno vinyls are simple as this:

image.jpeg

Hell, even Syro has Rephlex style artwork on it, and it's a Warp release under aphex twin in 13 years, but we don't care since richard will give us some of the best music in years anyway.

Rephlex is famous for not putting much into artwork, this one is similar to the steinvord vinyl and black and white with plain text in general is standard for EPs, specially in electronic music, tons of techno vinyls are simple as this:

image.jpeg

Hell, even Syro has Rephlex style artwork on it, and it's a Warp release under aphex twin in 13 years, but we don't care since richard will give us some of the best music in years anyway.

I'm aware. I was just sayin/joking

You're really comparing the Syro artwork to some of the cheap Rephlex labels? I understand the aesthetic simplicity, but c'mon.

Just had to put this quote by Grant here :)

"We also place alot of emphasis on graphics - label and sleeve layouts are often sub-standard and there is absolutely no excuse for this, especially when shops charge so much for records today."

What about that old LP on Ninja Tune (the name escapes me right now) that basically sounds completely like Hard Normal Daddy? There’s a picture “of” that guy but did we ever really settle whether he was truly a real guy?

Actually it's Florian Schmitt, german web designer and pretty real person =) But yeah, sounds very squarepushy, i wish he kept making music, who knows what he could have sounded today...

Actually it's Florian Schmitt, german web designer and pretty real person =) But yeah, sounds very squarepushy, i wish he kept making music, who knows what he could have sounded today...

he was supposed to have an album come out this year.

as per ninjatunes last year "Next year will see the release of his new album "Shift!" and the single "The 10th Victim" and, of course, his own website."

Archived