IGNORED

TheNeedleDrop Reviews Caustic Window LP

Chalybs

Nice review, and pretty spot on. I think for an Aphex Nutter (me) I'd give it a bit higher but for the average dude it's probably a strong 6. His criticism of Fingery is a bit far f(l)etched as the track is fucking wicked imo.

I think I could stomach the guy more if he stopped with those expressions all the time.

His reviewing is alright tho, I guess. Just drop the act.

I give him a burlywood semi-hard piliferous 5,9 with a hint of distant vanilla taste yet mixed with salty fish smell.

I respect his opinion.

You have to! :lol:

conclusion i draw from this: goDel = needledrop guy

No, goDel seems to have a good sense of humour.

I agree with triachus, I don't like being talked to like I'm a 6 month old baby. Otherwise, pretty spot on review, as always

This guy doesn't listen to the albums he reviews so mehmehmeh.

Gotta back up those bold claims with a nice little source mang

this reviewer is highly annoying but he's probably the first reviewer I've come across that actually knows this was never meant to be released and most of the tracks are rough sketches if anything. I love a few of them and I'm glad I got to hear it but yea, his schtick is terrible.

I respect his opinion.

You have to! :lol:

conclusion i draw from this: goDel = needledrop guy

No, goDel seems to have a good sense of humour.

I can respect that as well.

T

ransition

this reviewer is highly annoying but he's probably the first reviewer I've come across that actually knows this was never meant to be released and most of the tracks are rough sketches if anything. I love a few of them and I'm glad I got to hear it but yea, his schtick is terrible.

Wasn't this intended to be released in 1996 at some point? Who makes test pressings of "rough sketches"?

And besides, it's weird to treat this as a demo or as only being good for its time, unless he feels the same way bout the ABs, ICBYD, et cetera. Tran-

slation eat a dick Fantano.

Guest jasondonervan

No mention of watmm, we are merely relegated to being thrown in with the 'kickstarter backers'. Thanks Fantano... Thanktano

He could have just saved himself some time by doing a three second video, stating the LP is 'quite good' and giving it a 5.

his reviews might be ok but maybe 50% of all people could do 'ok' reviews if that and trying to become youtube famous was what they chose to do with their time. i use reviews in some cases, main one being i'll go to metacritic if i want to know something about a vidyo game. but then i look at the user reviews more than the pro ones. another case is amazon reviews, which are again left by actual people, not 'reviewers'. and having a lot of those types of reviews adds up to giving me an average opinion i might trust. the only way i could trust that i would like things this needledrop dufus likes, is if i were him.

and yeah now that i think about it, it is pretty shitty that he didnt mention this place. i dont say shitty because of some loyalty i have to watmm, but because if this guy wants to put himself out there like he's a 'real reviewer' even though in this internet era, so is everyone who leaves a comment on a product somewhere, but like reviewing is his THING and he's striving to be something like a pro reviewer, the watmm origin of this album seems like a pretty key fact and his omitting that is just a prime time reviewer fail fuckup. so yeah fuck this guy. he wants me to respect his opinion, but cant even be bothered to do 5 minutes worth of homework, or for some reason chose to leave out key facts which would've took 5 seconds to mention.

another case is amazon reviews, which are again left by actual people, not 'reviewers'.

naive.gif

haha fair point. yeah im aware of the existence of corruption of these systems, sometimes i smell it and you never can know for sure sometimes. but in general you can get a good idea if there are enough scores/reviews and you glance at them and they have thought out points. usually i look for the negative reviews and see what those people have to say first.

i dont think he listened enough to the album. i gather he has to do quick listens cause hes inundated with music.
cowbell? good grief.
and electronic music has come so far? its gone nothing but down hill!

Archived