So, apparently they're going to reboot the Predator franchise.

http://io9.com/iron-man-3s-shane-black-is-somehow-rebooting-the-predat-1595526619

Shane Black, who played Hawkins in the first movie and is an experienced writer, is beginning work on the screenplay. Hopefully he'll incorporate the past movies as some form of canon and the 'reboot' won't just wipe the universe entirely clean. Or at least that's what I'm hoping.

Related video: Jean Claude Van Damme was supposed to play the original Predator creature. Watch this and read up on the situation for extra chuckles.

Let the reaction gifs and reboot complaints begin!

PG-13

reboot the reboot.

each reboot drops the age rating a notch to allow for a bigger piece of the audience pie.

I am not at all surprised they are doing this, and I will state now that it will be shit.

if they EVER reboot the Alien franchise I will actually go to Hollywood and reap my vengeance.

They'll never make one as good as the first one

I used to eat, sleep and breathe that film

2nded. The original cannot be topped. reboot pointless cash grab. Unrelated: RIP Eli Wallach.

spoiler, slightly NSFW

[youtubehd]DKYyYGf4l8Y[/youtubehd]

Great scene pick. Watching that scene on DVD on a good TV and sound system for the first time was fucking amazing. For a period, me and my buddies used to go home after every club night and put the film on.

I made an acid house track inspired by the film back in 2007 or 2008, with a 606, 707 and 303.

http://soundcloud.com/derelic7/predator-acid

Not going to see this. Fuck Woody Allen.

ba dum tsh!!

Also, I don't care about fans of the original movie or people from the original movie rebooting a movie. Remember how much fuss there was about the "The Thing" prequel because it was made by people who were huge fans of the original? And remember how bad that movie was? Yeah... yeah...

Great scene pick. Watching that scene on DVD on a good TV and sound system for the first time was fucking amazing. For a period, me and my buddies used to go home after every club night and put the film on.

I made an acid house track inspired by the film back in 2007 or 2008, with a 606, 707 and 303.

http://soundcloud.com/derelic7/predator-acid

You so needed Bill Dukes "over here, over here" in that track.

The take out of the Guerilla unit was tits. "I ain't got time to bleed". God, I love that movie.

Has Hollywood entirely given up on movies that are not sequels, reboots or adaptations of some material? Or then they are going to cash in on the 30 somethings nostalgia and reheat the movies they grew up with.

Predator is one of the quintessential 80s action movies there are. It's perfect.

Has Hollywood entirely given up on movies that are not sequels, reboots or adaptations of some material? Or then they are going to cash in on the 30 somethings nostalgia and reheat the movies they grew up with.

Predator is one of the quintessential 80s action movies there are. It's perfect.

The industry is so large that every big film needs to make a lot of money. There isn't a whole lot of room for experimentation with this model. I'm surprised Inception ever got the greenlight even with Nolan directing. It's kind of a strange movie.

Yeah, I think Predators was supposed to function as a reboot of the series, but that definitely didn't work. It was alright, but overall just not up to the same quality of the first two movies.

Also, I don't care about fans of the original movie or people from the original movie rebooting a movie. Remember how much fuss there was about the "The Thing" prequel because it was made by people who were huge fans of the original? And remember how bad that movie was? Yeah... yeah...

Why did you have to remind me of this. I'd almost entirely forgotten. Ugh.

Archived