IGNORED

Redacted Tonight

autopilot

Really been enjoying this show. Its very existence illustrates how The Daily Show has pretty much been playing softball since the middle of the latest Bush run. Lee Camp stumbles occasionally on joke delivery, but I'm confident he'll get better at it as the show continues. Fans of Breaking The Set and similar actual news things will probably dig it.

4 episodes so far.

cheers, we need a real actual satirical political roast show. Steward is sphincter contracting in his contortion of reality to fit the programming around that weeks propaganda memo. 'Don't talk about this, talk about that, it's our hot button to hate on this person today, they're the great satan' (Don't mention that we're spending billions in a clandestine war against that person (assad). I mean look at this ISIL thing, he's mentioned the saudi's support but not once the US material or political support of these people. Same with colbert, he's on that page. And then there's the shear volume of establishment and phoney outsider authors that they have on. Everything about these two shows is this dense onslaught on the worldview of the average left wing/independent joe bag 'o donuts, Steward should be serving jail time for the amount of corruption, the bodycount that his prevarication, equivocation and subservience to power has enabled, through the coercing of the minds of his viewers. And for all this he earns a mind boggling for basic cable, $30 million per year.

Couple of things though, i don't like the way that he moves his head around all the time, and the forced laughter from the audience needs to be toned down, laugh when you like something, even if you wrote it (cause that's gotta be most of the audience). His delivery is a bit trying, but to be fair they have at least parsed in a fair bit of content. Like my brother said when i showed him a bit of it, 'they probably need a bit of time'. I agree, we'll see if they get more focused. Tone down the cheese. Iron out the message. Also, it might be cool if, like the daily show has this thing where they call out the bullshit from various media outlets notably fox, that this program does the same with colbert and the daily show. It wouldn't be hard, they wouldn't have to wait long before something came up.

Archived