IGNORED

What is the most IDM movie ever produced?

PhylumZunami

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.

I caught this randomly on tv some years ago, was fascinated at how unknown it was (a few reviews have popped up on blogs since). Reminded me of Brazil a little bit aesthetically, albeit with an American bent.

THX 1138, 2001, Logan's Run, Dune, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Fight Club, Blade Runner, Stalker, Empire Strikes Back, Akira, Phoenix 2772, Paprika, Ghost in the Shell, Heavy Metal, Dredd, The Matrix, Prometheus, Moon, The Fountain, Gravity, Windowlicker, Rubber Johnny, Gantz Graf, Upstream Color are a few that come to mind immediately.

Guest iniquity blues

thee pope ov utah

synopsis = Set in the near future, this feature tells the story of high-tech televangelist Melvis Pressin and his disgruntled employee Del, a failed TV comedian who now edits swear-words out of films for broadcast on Melvis' channel, KTRI.

Del's wife is addicted to KTRI ("the home of the voice of God"), and is sending more money to the station than her husband earns. Del now wants to kill her off by blackmailing Melvis into giving her a heart attack by turning up on their doorstep in person! This futuristic black comedy won awards at "underground" film festivals in both London and Chicago, and, though the low budget shows at times, is far from being a trashy exploitation flick. It's a confidently directed, darkly comic picture of US religious TV pushed to the very edge. (M. J. Simpson. Rev. of "The Pope of Utah." SFX (#6) Nov. 1995: 81.)

Yes.

I caught this randomly on tv some years ago, was fascinated at how unknown it was (a few reviews have popped up on blogs since). Reminded me of Brazil a little bit aesthetically, albeit with an American bent.

i was talking about this movie to a friend in highschool and a girl passes by and is like , "what? earth girls are easy????

lols were had

yeah, sadly I think the remake is more "idm".....Love the original though.

I would like to add anything by Rene Laloux to my list.

Archived