IGNORED

another round of 'what's that song'

soma333

Ok I know everyone is just about bleeding from the anus when it comes to the notorious "oh ive got a genuine early boc track" claim... I'm just gonna start out by saying that I have little faith that any of these are at all legit... but I'd like closure nonetheless...

Here are some tracks that I don't have any general knowledge about that I've aquired over the years:

Roygbiv(alpha quest mix) - 6:16

boards_of_canada_-_eno_test - 4:37 <---this is most likely the one I'd personally say is fake, as I have the same track as being labeled "BoC&MariMari-Unknown"

Treeline - 1:12

Trillions - 3:31

I'm also curious as to why my Disengage is labeled as being a 7" (??)

Anyway, sorry in advance - I know this is the worst way to start my posting career on this board (on which I've learned some valuable stuff thanks!)

Boards_of_Canada___Closes_Volume_1___01___Treeline.mp3

Boards_of_Canada___Closes_Volume_1___16___Trillions.mp3

Ok I know everyone is just about bleeding from the anus when it comes to the notorious "oh ive got a genuine early boc track" claim... I'm just gonna start out by saying that I have little faith that any of these are at all legit... but I'd like closure nonetheless...

Here are some tracks that I don't have any general knowledge about that I've aquired over the years:

Roygbiv(alpha quest mix) - 6:16

boards_of_canada_-_eno_test - 4:37 <---this is most likely the one I'd personally say is fake, as I have the same track as being labeled "BoC&MariMari-Unknown"

Treeline - 1:12

Trillions - 3:31

I'm also curious as to why my Disengage is labeled as being a 7" (??)

Anyway, sorry in advance - I know this is the worst way to start my posting career on this board (on which I've learned some valuable stuff thanks!)

the trillions one sounds fake to me, but treeline sounds more like boc

Guest Skinko

If trillions is the one with the saxophone on it. I know who it is. It is a member of the That Other Site™ board called fat kaimo. He writes some good stuff.

Guest BunnyRabbit
If trillions is the one with the saxophone on it. I know who it is. It is a member of the That Other Site™ board called fat kaimo. He writes some good stuff.

Ah, I always wondered about that one. Thanks for clearing it up. Treeline though, it sound good to me. If it ois a fake I'd very much like to know who did that one.

How about these others though?

fakes.zip

Can anyone identify these?

Guest subset

Ah, I always wondered about that one. Thanks for clearing it up. Treeline though, it sound good to me. If it ois a fake I'd very much like to know who did that one.

How about these others though?

fakes.zip

Can anyone identify these?

"wouldn't you like to be free" and "duffy" are authentic excerpts from the very very old music70 site. and "godever", i don't know for sure where exactly this one came from in the first place, but it's also authentic. it's one of the tracks on "old tunes vol.1" (if i remember correctly).

and, of course, hello to you all. i've been reading the board for about a week and decided to join today.

Guest Moebius

According to DavidAC (originator of the site that Fredd now maintains), godever is in fact a legitimate BoC track, but not the one its labelled as.

Guest BunnyRabbit

Thanks guys. I'll relabel Godever as unknown then.

Anyone know anything about Treeline?

Guest Oorto Geld

...Has anyone ever heard this track before?

I downloaded it under the name of 'Oranges and Flowers' -- it appears to be a reversed version of the melody from 'Melissa Juice' with some distorted samples thrown in.

Can anyone confirm its authenticity?

sounds faek to me.

Not polished enough for boc, the melissa juice sample is "clipped" in an amateur-sounding way, the drums sound like they were taken from another boards track, the vocals don't sound BoC-like.

Guest BunnyRabbit
...Has anyone ever heard this track before?

I downloaded it under the name of 'Oranges and Flowers' -- it appears to be a reversed version of the melody from 'Melissa Juice' with some distorted samples thrown in.

Can anyone confirm its authenticity?

I couldn't dl it jsut now but, Oranges and Flowers was a fake from abot twos years ago.

Guest i.boc'd.ur.mom
Allegedly extracted from 'Closes Vol. 1':

Focus On The Spiral

Helios Sound

Close3

Yeah I've heard the FOTS and Close3 'fakes' before, and they sound pretty legit to me. Unless someone can tell me who the artist is. That Helios Sound one though.. eh i donno.

Allegedly extracted from 'Closes Vol. 1':

Focus On The Spiral

Helios Sound

Close3

well focus on the spiral sounds the most legit to me due to the melody.. the rest I dunno..

Guest Moebius

Seen some of these before.

Focus is actually quite nice, could possibly be legit, but who knows. Whatever it is, I likes it.

Helios, doesn't really sound right. So short, and so nothing, though, as to not matter.

Close3 - isn't this from the old web site or something?

Guest BunnyRabbit
Anyone know anything about Treeline?

Apparently some dude called Dave From 2001 who posts on the Yahoo group did it.

Archived