IGNORED

µ-Ziq - Rediffusion

auxien

Read the first message on this thread dude come on

for future reference, answer the question or find some way to prevent yourself from being a dick

i apologize that due to stress disorder i am unable to understand some things correctly when reading them

For future reference, you're new here.

I would relax the tendency to call established members "dicks" until you've built up some rapport.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read the first message on this thread dude come on

for future reference, answer the question or find some way to prevent yourself from being a dick

i apologize that due to stress disorder i am unable to understand some things correctly when reading them

For future reference, you're new here.

I would relax the tendency to call established members "dicks" until you've built up some rapport.

This dude dropped a medical disorder bomb...damn...

• 1 month later...

Finally received my copy but something isn't right. Is anyone else getting a huge amount of left channel surface noise on the 2nd, 4th, and 6th tracks?

I think I've got a bum vinyl.

Also how do you contact p.mu without installing outlook? =/

Finally received my copy but something isn't right. Is anyone else getting a huge amount of left channel surface noise on the 2nd, 4th, and 6th tracks?

contact Thomas, tom@planet.mu

Thx man, much appreciated. Cleaned off the vinyl and checked all of my other components, just those three songs have major distortion. Checked the mp3 versions and it's not there.

I've got bad luck with vinyl

What do you mean surface nosie? I've already commented in the u-ziq thread in his subforum that there seems to be a lot of distortion/clipping on some of the tracks.Can't tell if maybe it's a mistake or meant to be intentional.

What do you mean surface nosie? I've already commented in the u-ziq thread in his subforum that there seems to be a lot of distortion/clipping on some of the tracks.Can't tell if maybe it's a mistake or meant to be intentional.

Lots of distortion and I don't think it's intentional. I downloaded the mp3s and it's not there.

Normally I'd call it surface noise sorry because it happens when the vinyl is dirty

Dunno man, like I can even hear it on my sennheisers, so it's not my shit monitors. I've also had another person confirm it's existence. I'd love to know exactly what it is.

Same, seems like we have different experiences. Do you remember which tracks have the distortion?

also stupid question... any chance your mp3s were ripped from vinyl and that's why they're messed up? stupid question I know... but were yours direct from p.mu or did you get them elsewhere?

I emailed p.mu to ask what's up

Same, seems like we have different experiences. Do you remember which tracks have the distortion?

also stupid question... any chance your mp3s were ripped from vinyl and that's why they're messed up? stupid question I know... but were yours direct from p.mu or did you get them elsewhere?

I emailed p.mu to ask what's up

Yeah, maybe. I got mine off Boomkat. Obvious on Rimmy, PRG, and Smeester. I think it's honestly purposeful and part of the effects being used on the instruments, but on lower quality speakers/headphones it doesn't translate as well. It's really not distracting on my Sennheisers, and adds to the color of the sound, but on my monitors it bothers me. I haven't listened to the record yet.

i had similar problem initially. some pretty bad distortion on left channel. then i cleaned the needle and adjusted the arm weight a little and then it played fine.

i had similar problem initially. some pretty bad distortion on left channel. then i cleaned the needle and adjusted the arm weight a little and then it played fine.

Tried all this and no luck unfortunately.

Does anyone know how else to get ahold of Planet.mu? No answer from anyone on my first couple emails.

Vinyl is such a great format. Never any issues just pure listening pleasure.

Never said that.

But yeah enjoy your ipod and quality mp3s lol

You must have a very discerning ear. flol

Edit: if you honestly think mp3 players or any other playback device such as your playstation or xbox (whatever model) don't colour your sound, you're incredibly special (aka uneducated).

2nd Edit: oh also lol. I've gone through 4 fucking ipods in 5 years at a total cost of $1200 canadian. Digital! Such a great format! Never any issues just pure listening pleasure.

Yes you're completely correct, there are no other options besides shitty digital or sometimes shitty analog formats.

Very good.

Good job.

Your passive aggressive behavior is shit.

Archived