IGNORED

Plaid: "Good coffee, disabling the internet, cleaning the mouse mat..." - 7 top questions from yesterday's Reddit AMA

Joyrex

Read 7 of the questions answered by Plaid at the Reddit AMA on July 1st, covering relationships, thoughts on Aphex Twin, Björk and Autechre, cartoons, film soundtracks and a lot more.

More on Warp.net

Plaid / "Good coffee, disabling the internet, cleaning the mouse mat..." - 7 top questions from yesterday's Reddit AMA

Warp - Records - Plaid - "Good coffee, disabling the internet, cleaning the mouse mat..." - 7 top questions from yesterday's Reddit AMA
Connect with Warp, subscribe to the Mailing List and explore more RSS feeds here

View the full article

Guest pafr

I think RDJ is overrated. Squarepusher is just as good as RDJ. I'm sure RDJ learned a lot of breakbeat shit from Tom. Tom released Feed Me Weird Things before RDJ started doing that drum bass shit.

well yeah i think AFX got inspired by Squarepusher but the Hangable Auto Bulb eps were actually released in 1995, before Feed me weird things (1996) but this was not the first D&B records by >[].

Plaid should be much more famous than they are, they're like the easily accessible brother of Aphex and BOC. I think Squarepusher is overrated.

Plaid are frickin' awesome and one of the first electronic artists I got into. I'm so sad I missed this, but work is a nightmare right now and i had no time.

Guest skibby

here's the step by step formula to get more famous than other musicians:

1) get on MTV in the 80' or 90's

I think RDJ is overrated. Squarepusher is just as good as RDJ. I'm sure RDJ learned a lot of breakbeat shit from Tom. Tom released Feed Me Weird Things before RDJ started doing that drum bass shit.

IIRC they were real good friends at the time and were sending tracks back and forth trying to outdo each other in the complexity of drum programming

well yeah i think AFX got inspired by Squarepusher but the Hangable Auto Bulb eps were actually released in 1995, before Feed me weird things (1996) but this was not the first D&B records by >[].

sorry, I forgot music was a competition.

i never said it was

I think Plaid are just as good as RDJ and Autechre, the music they produce is just less complex and more rooted in popular music. There should actually be more famous, because they're a lot more accessible.

Archived