IGNORED

Drukqs Gear and Samples

Guest skibby

jungle/drum & bass producers used an Atari 1040st running cubase or logic sequencing E-MU EIV series samplers or Akai S series samplers and very little else

all jungle/dnb producers? The point is that there were also people using trackers to make that stuff, not that trackers were the only way.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paradox (one of aphex's fave jungle/drum'n'bass producer) uses a tracker as seen in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e0wg_618ac

I don't quite understand why everyone is still going on about whether it was done on a tracker or not, he clearly stated that vordhosbn was done on player pro and i think we can probably assume the rest of drukqs was done on a tracker, aside from the piano trax. 

i always wondered about rdj album but somehow never considered it could be tracker until that vordhosbn playerpro vid! then was like, OH, of course. haha..

i even started out using trackers and made heavy use of sample offsets into synth sweeps/drumloops/etc, tho with way lower quality samples and no skillz. the bubbling acid stuff in rdj does sound like that. tracker + further editing in a wave editor makes sense to me. doing that kind of stuff in a tracker is waaaaay easier than on hardware or midi sequencers etc, that i've used at least. so good!

jungle/drum & bass producers used an Atari 1040st running cubase or logic sequencing E-MU EIV series samplers or Akai S series samplers and very little else

all jungle/dnb producers? The point is that there were also people using trackers to make that stuff, not that trackers were the only way.

Not all of course but 90% or so.

Paradox (one of aphex's fave jungle/drum'n'bass producer) uses a tracker as seen in this video 

I don't quite understand why everyone is still going on about whether it was done on a tracker or not, he clearly stated that vordhosbn was done on player pro and i think we can probably assume the rest of drukqs was done on a tracker, aside from the piano trax. 

Cool, though I can assure you that's the exception in D&B. The main component of the sound is the Akai sampler that's being sequenced there.

Amigas are really cool too. Some of my favorite gabber was made on them.

Archived