IGNORED

What does your spouse/significant other/partner listen to

Rubin Farr

I've run into this time & again over the years, the other person's musical taste. Do you bond over music, or are you at opposite ends of the spectrum? I've had girlfriends that listened to everything from industrial to top 40.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the best i can get my gf in to has been luke vibert / plug. she liked some of SAW85-92 but thats about it

quite an old hardcore rave kinda girl at best

could be worse

top40 and pretty horrid swedish country/rock and dance band music

since the advent of avicii and dvbbs etc she keeps saying "they're playing your music on the radio now"

before she met me: lauren hill and the fugies, pat benatar, blondie, 103.5 KTU nothin but the hits circa 1997, she once told me she listened to dubstep on pandora when she worked out. she also has an affinity for Mozart from when she did ballet.

now: she really likes dave monolith and the tuss. we take the train together in the morning and ive noticed she's been listening to lunatic harness all week. she tells me shes glad she discovered the idms and occasionally asks me to fill her iphone with more. i'm happy.

She loves post-punk, especially of the "darker" kind: The Chameleons, Joy Division, Siouxsie, Bauhaus, The Cure. She usually finds electronic music flat-sounding and full of "fake, tacky instruments" (her words), but she likes Susumu Yokota a lot and I think múm too.

So I think I generally like what she listens to, but not the other way around. I think her least favourite band I like is Devo. She hates them!

my wife is like an hour in the bathroom everyday and then she blasts her favorite shit

moslty underworld, alt-j, asap rocky and otto von schirach this month

my wife is like an hour in the bathroom everyday and then she blasts her favorite shit

I did not read that correctly the first time

I'm pretty lucky! She's into most of the same stuff, but doesn't go for anything too abrassive (she says modern Autechre sounds like robotic insects eating her brain). She was mostly into prog rock (which I also enjoy) when I met her and opened her eyes to electronic music. Some of her favourites... Bola, Ochre, Tipper, Mars Volta, Dead Can Dance.

Archived