IGNORED

What does your spouse/significant other/partner listen to

Rubin Farr

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

most recently listened to sneaker pimps.. eclectic tastes. a lot of it awful but somehow better than what i listen to (my opinion....i think)

dreams of fucking a guy from metronomy, wtf ever metronomy is

she loves most ghost box stuff, especially the advisory circle (<3), but left to her own devices she'd listen to the same indie pop she grew up with every day ("i just don't think about music as much as you do," she's said). some of her other favorites: freescha, siriusmo, the books... we listen to a good amount of videogame soundtracks together, lol. fez is a good one.

Tool, tori, life of agony. I have attended a buckcherry show with her. Our middle ground is in the trust/austra vibe zone. She got me into alice in chains. We're going to see NIN/death grips soon. Oh, quite a bit of Bjork and radiohead which is fine. TV on the radio. Buckcherry really is shit though and I'll hold that against her no matter what. The black crowes are a thorn in my side as well. Could be worse

Edit: scratch death grips for me I guess

Her favorite is Gus Gus. She likes Eryka Badhu too, I definately don't mind her. 80s stuff, don't mind... hip hop, don't mind... st. vincent its alright... lana delray, I never heard any of her music... lady gaga, I don't like.

She likes most of the sample based instrumental hip hop stuff I like... she doesn't like juke and vaporwave.

Kate likes bands with balls. She likes a sultry electro disco vibe, Emperor Machine for example, it used to be LCD, The Presets or Vitalic, but we are calmer these days. Pixies make her nuts with joy, Depeche Mode sets a nice mood and Bono can do no wrong in her eyes. Albums come and go, some stay around, some bands eventually become staple...

Her favorite is Gus Gus. She likes Eryka Badhu too, I definately don't mind her. 80s stuff, don't mind... hip hop, don't mind... st. vincent its alright... lana delray, I never heard any of her music... lady gaga, I don't like.

She likes most of the sample based instrumental hip hop stuff I like... she doesn't like juke and vaporwave.

Probably time for a new avatar given todays news

I love rock but mostly listen to electronic music, she loves electronic music but mostly listens to rock.

Fortunately we often love the same bands/artists. With some nuances : for example, she loves Jesus and Mary Chain while I prefer MBV, she loves QOSTA's Song for the Death while I'm more into Rated R... but we both love early Weezer, Sonic Youth, Flaming Lips, the 'Phex, Eero Johannes, etc...

I must confess we both love some nicely crafted girly pop, like Robyn and Sky Ferreira.

I was quite surprised when I played her some more abstract/meditative braindance like Aleksi Perälä's Mental Union 2, she enjoyed it. Same goes for Kuedo's Severant.

I never bothered to listen to Cure, Pixies or Breeders when I was a teenager, but I "discovered" them thanks to her.

We both love Aphex Twin and Autechre. He likes more guitar music than I do--the Mountain Goats and Pixies are two of his favorite band. He got me into Luke Vibert, reggae and the Cocteau Twins. We listened to Geogaddi on the drive to our wedding.

Autechre, Merzbow, Zoviet France, Scott Walker, Belle & Sebastian, Bob Dylan, Eliane Radigue, Grouper, Fushitsusha, Mark Fell, anything on Trunk Records.

Not much is out of bounds. Although....sometimes some odd outsider thing I'm enduring will do her head in, and she'll tell me so.

My wife likes different forms of booty music, weird electro like The Knife and Little Dragon, Lana Del Ray/Bat For Lashes type stuff, and Slayer. She's the best. Also very sweetly listens to what I'm working on and tells me it's not shit

Little Dragon are the bomb. they're a great meeting point between enjoyable pop and more esoteric electronic elements, I always use them to break the musical ice with a girl. they've got that soul.

Archived