IGNORED

June 2014 - "New Shit Is Imminent" - Richard D. James

Joyrex

Anyone else worried we'll never get a release of Manchester, Metz, and Singapore just because they're 'out there' already?

triple album of imminbient

Lol

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else worried we'll never get a release of Manchester, Metz, and Singapore just because they're 'out there' already?

I'm not worried because I've got the audio from those and listen to them all the time - I don't really get why you'd worry

I know a proper release would sound better but if the reason you're excited about those tracks is because of listening to them in poor quality - doesn't that mean you already enjoy them?

Don't want to debate it though

Guest iniquity blues

Where does everyone think it will place in the UK album chart if it's a proper Aphex Twin album released by Warp? I'm gonna say #5

I'm pretty sure it would be released in such a way that it ideally wouldn't chart. If Richard wanted to be a pop star he would have released music between Windowlicker and drukQs. I think he saw what being a pop star entailed and he ran.... he ran so far away (trying to get away) that after he fulfilled his contractual obligations with drukQs he only released some old analogue shit (analord) some "anonymous" shit (Tuss/Steinvord) and then the really "deep cut" anonymous shit like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB8OvNooN5c

So I'd personally be surprised if there was some sort of big media push to chart a new LP. It'd make its $$$ off of us, it'd pump up the name so he could get to the 2nd or 3rd line of big worldwide festivals, and then he'd promptly fuck off for another 5-10 years like any good ensouled musical genius would.

Where does everyone think it will place in the UK album chart if it's a proper Aphex Twin album released by Warp? I'm gonna say #5

I'm pretty sure it would be released in such a way that it ideally wouldn't chart. If Richard wanted to be a pop star he would have released music between Windowlicker and drukQs. I think he saw what being a pop star entailed and he ran.... he ran so far away (trying to get away) that after he fulfilled his contractual obligations with drukQs he only released some old analogue shit (analord) some "anonymous" shit (Tuss/Steinvord) and then the really "deep cut" anonymous shit like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB8OvNooN5c

So I'd personally be surprised if there was some sort of big media push to chart a new LP. It'd make its $$$ off of us, it'd pump up the name so he could get to the 2nd or 3rd line of big worldwide festivals, and then he'd promptly fuck off for another 5-10 years like any good ensouled musical genius would.

@video: whaaaat? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

@post: I hope it doesn't, but that its so good that it will get some moderate public attention showing how dumb the music industry currently is, and hopefully forcing the cogwheels on some sort of change.

Perhaps you should stop going on about what you want him to release and enjoy him releasing what he wants to release?

Perhaps you should read the fucking forum rules.

Why shouldn't we discuss what musical preferences we have and fantasize about what music he might release that suits our particular tastes? Most of us would be happy if he released 60 minutes of animals farting.

Also if you're Richard. Hi Richard.

Edit: Also what is that crazy contraption?

Edit edit: if you're actually Richard sorry for being mean.

lol

Perhaps you should stop going on about what you want him to release and enjoy him releasing what he wants to release?

S9HWg5n.gif

its tiem

ayayay

edit:

Perhaps you should read the fucking forum rules.

Why shouldn't we discuss what musical preferences we have and fantasize about what music he might release that suits our particular tastes? Most of us would be happy if he released 60 minutes of animals farting.

Also if you're Richard. Hi Richard.

Edit: Also what is that crazy contraption?

lol, course he isn't it's Brian.

Hi Brian!

Guest Phonejack

I'll be happy as long as richard doesn't trip and fall into a tub of orange juice while carrying all the DATs this time, or let a pack of hyena/house cat hybrids into his studio or something.

Really though, I couldn't care less what he releases, I'm sure it's going to be good.

reverse image searched 5.6 billion images and came up with no results for that drumming machine!

Maybe it's a good indication of what type of music he will release though.

Maybe squarepusher's little project there has inspired him, robot drummers!

reverse image searched 5.6 billion images and came up with no results for that drumming machine!

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/71515-new-release-speculation-based-on-facts-we-have/?p=1744152

http://logosfoundation.org/instrum_gwr/HAT.html

im not worried he wont release metz or manchester track. i think he has lots of incredible tracks that weve not heard. hes willy wonka for fuck sake. a release? ill believe it when i see it

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/71515-new-release-speculation-based-on-facts-we-have/?p=1744152
he got hat before the squarepusher did shit with bots, he also got a snar2 snaremachine about a month ago

Oh!

Thanks. That's technically a diff image though which explains why the reverse lookup didn't work. =)

Any time i've said "afx make another song like this" it's been tongue in cheek, and my "open letter" was a joke, he'll make something above, beyond and to the right of our expectations as always

word

Hey Joyrex, didn't Richard stop talking to you years ago? How come you are talking again? And did he authorize you to make this public? Did he say anything about future Rephlex releases, or a new site? I want to buy several records but can't since the site went down, I wonder if something is in the works.

Archived