IGNORED

June 2014 - "New Shit Is Imminent" - Richard D. James

Joyrex

Guest jasondonervan

Perhaps you should stop going on about what you want him to release and enjoy him releasing what he wants to release?

S9HWg5n.gif

Brightness and contrast won't fool us ;)

hat_easter4.jpg

http://logosfoundation.org/instrum_gwr/HAT.html

Any time i've said "afx make another song like this" it's been tongue in cheek, and my "open letter" was a joke, he'll make something above, beyond and to the right of our expectations as always

Richard might have tuned him up a bit since that pic was taken!

*A NEW RECORD IS IDM-MINENT*

\

ix9g0hPyUJham.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great news! I hope whatever he releases doesn't sound like anything he's ever done before. Maybe I'm being too ambitious, but after all this waiting, if this release doesn't destroy everything that's ever been made and change the course of music — I'm done with Aphex.

Perhaps you should stop going on about what you want him to release and enjoy him releasing what he wants to release?

Perhaps you should read the fucking forum rules.

Why shouldn't we discuss what musical preferences we have and fantasize about what music he might release that suits our particular tastes? Most of us would be happy if he released 60 minutes of animals farting.

Also if you're Richard. Hi Richard.

Edit: Also what is that crazy contraption?

Edit edit: if you're actually Richard sorry for being mean.

lol

that was a bit harsh stephen. You too should read the rules as well by the looks of it, and you shouldn't just feel attrition if it was richard, all humons even ones new to this forum deserve a warm and hearty respect, well until they prove to be a grating tedium, or worse.

As to what briandance said, sure RDJ can release what he wants to release, but i'll enjoy it or not dependant on whether it fits a criteria of musical compatibility that my brain forged long ago. I can't do anything about that. Hopefully it's within that range. And i'm not talking about style, i'm talking about the underlying sounds and the mechanics that are driving them.

Also, lol at the new paradigms bs some of you guys have been going on about, it's not like he's going to reinvent the ear and sell the implant with the double disc download.

Why shouldn't we discuss what musical preferences we have and fantasize about what music he might release that suits our particular tastes? Most of us would be happy if he released 60 minutes of animals farting.

lol

that was a bit harsh stephen. You too should read the rules as well by the looks of it, and you shouldn't just feel attrition if it was richard, all humons even ones new to this forum deserve a warm and hearty respect, well until they prove to be a grating tedium, or worse.

Hey. Guess what. I was joking.

And also doing what everyone else does to new members. Sorry if I've hurt your tender feelings.

I'm sure mr brian dance will look past my harsh words to see my true inner beauty.

:derp:

lol

As to what briandance said, sure RDJ can release what he wants to release, but i'll enjoy it or not dependant on whether it fits a criteria of musical comparability that my brain forged long ago. I can't do anything about that. Hopefully it's within that range. And i'm not talking about style, i'm talking about the underlying sounds and the mechanics that are driving them.

Also, lol at the new paradigms bs some of you guys have been going on about, it's not like he's going to reinvent the ear and sell the implant with the double disc download.

wat if he does tho,

hype!

anyways, moving on!

I'm trying to imagine the application of one of those crazy robotic drummer things. hopefully we get to see it in action some day!

This is great news! I hope whatever he releases doesn't sound like anything he's ever done before. Maybe I'm being too ambitious, but after all this waiting, if this release doesn't destroy everything that's ever been made and change the course of music — I'm done with Aphex.

The only person changing the face of music is miley cyrus. And genre music.

Guest skibby

anyways, moving on!

I'm trying to imagine the application of one of those crazy robotic drummer things. hopefully we get to see it in action some day!

Imaginary quote from some brainy insider source, written by yours truly (i repeat, richard d james did not say this, neither to me or anyone else. i purely guessed it.)

2 chambers: 1 anechoic, and one vacuum.

the instruments in the anechoic chamber will be mic'ed with 360 microphones, recording simultaneously to 24/192, with a joystick to do 360 degree mixing, creating an actual analog phasing sound similar to the doppler effect. this will be yet another first by the king of braindance.

the instruments in the vacuum will be surface scanned with LIDAR and processed with a previously unheard of bandwidth of data throughput

it hasnt been decided whether or not to use actual locales for the reverb. still deciding on microphones.

lol

that was a bit harsh stephen. You too should read the rules as well by the looks of it, and you shouldn't just feel attrition if it was richard, all humons even ones new to this forum deserve a warm and hearty respect, well until they prove to be a grating tedium, or worse.e's going to reinvent the ear and sell the implant with the double disc download.

Yeah, I thought it was harsh as well with the use of the F word in the usual ''read the rules'' garbage, i just put it down to Stephen being extremely fucking over excited. Hopefully Brian hasn't been discouraged and realizes Steve was just kiddin around. Bit of a baptism of fire nonetheless.

lol

that was a bit harsh stephen. You too should read the rules as well by the looks of it, and you shouldn't just feel attrition if it was richard, all humons even ones new to this forum deserve a warm and hearty respect, well until they prove to be a grating tedium, or worse.e's going to reinvent the ear and sell the implant with the double disc download.

Yeah, I thought it was harsh as well with the use of the F word in the usual ''read the rules'' garbage, i just put it down to Stephen being extremely fucking over excited. Hopefully Brian hasn't been discouraged and realizes Steve was just kiddin around. Bit of a baptism of fire nonetheless.

Legit that's all it is lol

Should I start an apology thread about it?

=/

Anyone else worried we'll never get a release of Manchester, Metz, and Singapore just because they're 'out there' already?

I'm not worried because I've got the audio from those and listen to them all the time - I don't really get why you'd worry

I know a proper release would sound better but if the reason you're excited about those tracks is because of listening to them in poor quality - doesn't that mean you already enjoy them?

Don't want to debate it though

I don't want Manchester Track to release properly, it sounds like it was designed for a big live setting and I love the way it sounds in that recording

bootleg releases are kind of cool but that song in particular begs for crisp digital distribution

Oh well, what's been done has been done. It's a kind gesture. Hopefully Brian will pick up the baton of goodwill, if not just get delet to change the thread title to Charles Dance

Imaginary quote from some brainy insider source, written by yours truly (i repeat, richard d james did not say this, neither to me or anyone else. i purely guessed it.)

the instruments in the anechoic chamber will be mic'ed with 360 microphones, recording simultaneously to 24/192, with a joystick to do 360 degree mixing, creating an actual analog phasing sound similar to the doppler effect. this will be yet another first by the king of braindance.

the instruments in the vacuum will be surface scanned with LIDAR and processed with a previously unheard of bandwidth of data throughput

it hasnt been decided whether or not to use actual locales for the reverb. still deciding on microphones.

your imagination is pretty cool

your imagination is pretty cool

quite good.

Archived