IGNORED

Whatever happened to The Railway Raver?

Railway Raver had some really cool releases on Rephlex but then seemed to vanish back in to the 90s

Anyone know if he started using a different moniker or what happened to him?

hqdefault.jpg

Well, that "You'll Never Get Anywhere By Spending All Day Playing Around With That Bloody Drum Machine EP (2001)" (awesome name) was the last thing he released under any alias. The thing with those small indie musicians is that the internet doesn't know jack shit about them.

Soo, he didn't get anywhere by playing around with that bloody drum machine all day?

Soo, he didn't get anywhere by playing around with that bloody drum machine all day?

haha good point :)

case closed

Edited by Guest

I knew he was friends with ceephax actually, he's credited on one of ceephax' releases but I don't remember which...

Also I think he was in one of Andys youtube vids =/

yeah no you mention it that does sound familiar. there are some live clips floating around the internet and im sure i found a website once about it and they both played on the same night too. the clips are pretty short and from a soundboard, wish there was something longer or some vids

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...
On 7/7/2014 at 1:34 PM, Verdant Hickies said:

Well, that "You'll Never Get Anywhere By Spending All Day Playing Around With That Bloody Drum Machine EP (2001)" (awesome name) .

It's in that same category as "you've got so many machine, Richard!"

Oh mum, dad, pls. Leave me be.

Great tunes always keep coming back to this dudes music

• 8 months later...

Yeah I saw that! Would kill to hear more from him, hopefully something else comes out of this. Label said this about that EP:

After We're Going Deep's third installment of contemporary (Deep) House tracks and an EP by maestro Luke Vibert the British label has compiled a new four tracker with classy tunes for your listening pleasure. The label's strength definitely is to unite different approaches to the deeper genre that all cover a similar yet not identical vibe and therefore suit multiple set times as well as they satisfy any music lover's thirst for underground artist discoveries. The label's fourth V/A comes with new music from Reedale Rise, Owain K, Polytunnel and mysterious act B.R Posse. The latter released his EP Dreaming Of The Bassline as B.R. Posse on Rephlex Records back in 1999. His LP Drop Acid Not Bombs and an EP called You'll Never Get Anywhere By Spending All Day Playing Around With That Bloody Drum Machine both were out on Rephlex too albeit under his Railway Raver moniker. So 22 years after a last release as B.R. Posse he contributes the A2 of the latest We're Going Deep EP with a cut that goes by the name of Vectrax (Part 2). With bleeps as sharp as in this track, there might be a connection to a Vectrax, a yet to be fully developed product that is supposed to eleminate mosquitos before they can transmit a disease. However, Vectrax (Part 2) basically combines sin-esque sounding bleeps with an utterly addictive nostalgic seeming lead-melody, which in no way is interrupted but completed with the beforementioned sounds. In sine-wave style the parts of melodic comprehensiveness and bleeps alternate throughout the track but never lose the artist's as well as the label's preferred and taken deep path.

• Like 1