IGNORED

Huerco S. - A Verdigris Reader

proibito-6-500x500.jpg

Proibito's sixth release is set to revisit the eerie sounds of Kansas producer Brian Leeds aka Huerco S. This will be his second release on Proibito after initially launching the label with 'R.E.G.A.L.I.E.R.' under the alias Royal Crown Of Sweden.

A year on from Proibito's launch and founder Anthony Naples is still steadily releasing quality records. The new EP entitled 'A Verdigris Reader' is a murky, atmospheric piece of lo-fi electronic sounds. Although no release date has been set, it has been hinted that 'A Verdigris Reader' is due to drop in the next few weeks.

You can preview all four untitled tracks on the forthcoming release below.

https://soundcloud.com/proibito/hs-a-verdigris-reader-previews-prb-006

Old news somewhat, but didn't see a topic and it doesn't seem to be out yet, despite the article being from May.

Been excited for this one since I heard the previews a while back. Still listed as 'forthcoming' on juno and clone.

The Regalier release on Proibito is top notch. This one feels a bit more spacey. But HS always has that growling bass on lock

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just ordered this from juno.co.uk

I also ordered Austin Cesar - There's a Crack in Everything. Slink is such a stunner. It's a breakthrough track for me. It answers the question of how to keep 4 on tha floor fresh.

Plus the new Hank Jackson coming up. I am very impressed with Proibito and just now realizing it. Very Q indeed.

Also, yall had better get on this before it passes you by. Lol at 6 replies.

My micro vinyl station while I get the analog gold set up:

mZ3Ioj0.jpg?1

It's a fantastic record. It's loop based, yet varied, and that trait is just what I love about proibito.

H.S. has honed his sound down a lot, and it is mixed really well, favoring the mid-hi end, so everything is crisp. B1 is a pretty bassy track, but it still cuts. I would love an album done in this style.

oh nice! i might buy that too.

whenever it's a small label like proibito or moodhut, i like to buy the records, especially in mh's case where there is no other option. i'm trying to collect all of mh's. i was smart and jumped on their first release (cloudface) right when it came out. now they can rarely be had for less than $30

Been digging into their discog http://proibito.bandcamp.com/. Fuck me this is all great stuff, new Hank Johnson and Austin Cesear are ace.

Also, while we are on the topic, can anyone help me find a shop with Mood Hut 007 [Jack J; Something on My Mind] in stock? I could have sworn Juno had it as 'forthcoming' but now its nowhere to be found on their website. I emailed Amoeba and they have no plans to get the vinyl. And everywhere else is already out of stock!

^ Found it on Juno but out of stock. But looks like more will be coming. From their twitter:

" MH007 is not a limited record...if you miss the first few don't sweat it and don't feed the sharks : ) "

Also, while we are on the topic, can anyone help me find a shop with Mood Hut 007 [Jack J; Something on My Mind] in stock? I could have sworn Juno had it as 'forthcoming' but now its nowhere to be found on their website. I emailed Amoeba and they have no plans to get the vinyl. And everywhere else is already out of stock!

Discogs or i don't know. MH likes to stay lowdown. Too bad because that bassline that starts at 0:38 in that snippet is gush.

Their bandcamp looks half finished, dead links...

the best kind of bandcamp

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived