IGNORED

French line in Windowlicker

flim

So I'm sitting here listening to Windowlicker for the first time in a while and I hear the sample of the woman speaking in French. I've always heard this line as being "J'aime fabrique croquettes pour chien," which I would translate (with my poor, mostly forgotten knowledge of the language) to either "I like to make cakes for my dog," or "I like processed dog food."

Wikipedia says the line is "either J'aime faire des croquettes au chien (translating to "I like to make dog nuggets") or J'aime faire des cracottes au chien (translating to "I like to make dog cracottes [crisp breads]") .

What is the actual sentence in this track?

hurry up with my damn croquettes!

Said Richard in that French-ass restaurant.

I'm french, and always understood "J'aime faire des craquettes au chien". It doesn't mean anything here in France, but it seems to be some Quebec patois for vagina..

I'm french, and always understood "J'aime faire des craquettes au chien". It doesn't mean anything here in France, but it seems to be some Quebec patois for vagina..

non c'est bien croquettes (no, it's really "croquettes")... craquette meant cunt, vulva, vagina... it's not canadian french this word. But in the track, we hear french from Quebec, right.

Not to disdain anyone's ears, but I trust mine (and my studio DAC and monitors, as well Windowlicker CD), and hear "craquettes" haha ! I do agree with you, it would make much more sense to be "croquettes"... but I keep on hearing an A, not an O. I guess mystery remains, for me at least ;)

Wasn't Nannou french Canadian ?

Not to disdain anyone's ears, but I trust mine (and my studio DAC and monitors, as well Windowlicker CD), and hear "craquettes" haha ! I do agree with you, it would make much more sense to be "croquettes"... but I keep on hearing an A, not an O. I guess mystery remains, for me at least ;)

I personally think what you say makes more sense... Richard loves to make dirty jokes.

Wasn't Nannou Richard's name for his girlfriend of the time, or her private parts, and he named the track that to mock her?

and anyone know what the really slowed down vocal bit is in xepha? i've tried speeding it up but can't quite make it out

That's untrue. I'm french canadian. Nobody in Quebec would say that to talk about a vagina, sorry. And the accent is not necessarily french canadian, although that's ambiguous. Could be. But it's not in your face french canadian, to put it that way. But it is definitely: "J'aime faire des croquettes au chien." I don't think anyone who speaks french would doubt that.

It's not craquette, it's croquette. Craquette is from the french verb craqueter. Syntaxically, it wouldn't make sense if it was a verb. Think about it.

That's untrue. I'm french canadian. Nobody in Quebec would say that to talk about a vagina, sorry. And the accent is not necessarily french canadian, although that's ambiguous. Could be. But it's not in your face french canadian, to put it that way. But it is definitely: "J'aime faire des croquettes au chien." I don't think anyone who speaks french would doubt that.

It feels much accent voice in your writings

It's not craquette, it's croquette. Craquette is from the french verb craqueter. Syntaxically, it wouldn't make sense if it was a verb. Think about it.

lol

Archived