IGNORED

French line in Windowlicker

flim

I found out on a random website, seconds before posting, that "craquette" was some patois from Quebec for vagina, and that's it. I have no clue myself. Hence the verb "seem" in my reply.

Of course, croquettes makes more sense, but I've always heard an A instead (so do most of most of my nerdy AFX fanboy friends, go figure). I'm certainly wrong, that's fine. It's RDJ, he's known to make up words, why would that sentence have to make any sense after all ?

I couldn't care less anyway :)

Oh and thanks for your condescending tone <3

That accent is weird. It's not typical french-canadian as I know it in my daily life, yet some phonemes (the R's, the e in croquettes) sound oddly familiar to my ears. Gotta say it sounds closer to Québec french than Paris french, for sure. Could it be a rural France accent?

Maybe what's throwing us off is the weird diction, it sounds like it's read aloud robotically rather than spoken spontaneously.

Let's ask Richard if he ever does an AMA.

lol, I can just imagine

wattmer: "what's the story behind the voice in windowlicker?"

rdj: "it's actually a camel"

Oh and thanks for your condescending tone <3

I'm a robot so I can't be condescending. I have no emotions yet. Sorry if I hurt you. I will ask my creator to tweak my tone again, but I doubt it will change something. I wish I could be human. Thanks for the reference anyway. Yesterday, I told everyone at work that craquette or croquette could mean vagina, according to someone online who is not french canadian. We all had a good laugh.

I have an African friend who speaks french. I played it for him through headphones. He laughed hysterically and told me it translates to "I like to make crackers with the dog". Which for some reason is slang for I like to jerk off the dog.

There is also an another track from Aphex with french in it, it's in Drukqs in the track "Taking control".

We can hear "Tu prends le contrôle de la boite à rythme" which means "You'r taking control of the drum machine" sort of response to the line "I'm taking control of the drum machine".

Also the french sentence can be heard with a female natural voice and then with a vocoder effect.

Edit: I'm french and I also hear "craquette" ;)

Archived