French line in Windowlicker

I found out on a random website, seconds before posting, that "craquette" was some patois from Quebec for vagina, and that's it. I have no clue myself. Hence the verb "seem" in my reply.

Of course, croquettes makes more sense, but I've always heard an A instead (so do most of most of my nerdy AFX fanboy friends, go figure). I'm certainly wrong, that's fine. It's RDJ, he's known to make up words, why would that sentence have to make any sense after all ?

I couldn't care less anyway :)

Oh and thanks for your condescending tone <3

and anyone know what the really slowed down vocal bit is in xepha? i've tried speeding it up but can't quite make it out

flol

That accent is weird. It's not typical french-canadian as I know it in my daily life, yet some phonemes (the R's, the e in croquettes) sound oddly familiar to my ears. Gotta say it sounds closer to Québec french than Paris french, for sure. Could it be a rural France accent?

Maybe what's throwing us off is the weird diction, it sounds like it's read aloud robotically rather than spoken spontaneously.

Let's ask Richard if he ever does an AMA.

Edited by jchgf

lol, I can just imagine

wattmer: "what's the story behind the voice in windowlicker?"

rdj: "it's actually a camel"

Oh and thanks for your condescending tone <3

I'm a robot so I can't be condescending. I have no emotions yet. Sorry if I hurt you. I will ask my creator to tweak my tone again, but I doubt it will change something. I wish I could be human. Thanks for the reference anyway. Yesterday, I told everyone at work that craquette or croquette could mean vagina, according to someone online who is not french canadian. We all had a good laugh.

I have an African friend who speaks french. I played it for him through headphones. He laughed hysterically and told me it translates to "I like to make crackers with the dog". Which for some reason is slang for I like to jerk off the dog.

There is also an another track from Aphex with french in it, it's in Drukqs in the track "Taking control".

We can hear "Tu prends le contrôle de la boite à rythme" which means "You'r taking control of the drum machine" sort of response to the line "I'm taking control of the drum machine".

Also the french sentence can be heard with a female natural voice and then with a vocoder effect.

Edit: I'm french and I also hear "craquette" ;)

Edited by Cornphlex

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Joyrex
      Windowlicker is used in a new safety awareness commercial:

• By cygnus
      "199X"

https://cygnusat.bandcamp.com/album/199x

8 TRACKS DIGITAL ALBUM
      MASTERED BY COMPUTER CLUB IN SHEFFIELD, UNITED KINGDOM
      RELEASED 7.6.2015

• By Rubin Farr
      Good melodic downtempo EP, very BOC inspired.

https://cialyn.bandcamp.com/album/e-p-the-dew-garden
    • Guest blue tapes
      By Guest blue tapes
      One-sided EP with screen printed picture disc artwork on 180 g heavyweight frosted-clear vinyl + download

BUY: http://bluetapes.co.uk/product/x-ray-two-pour-le-plaisir-tin-machine-ep

It may be all of 4 tracks and 27 minutes long, but Pour Le Plasir’s Tin Machine EP is the closest we’ve come to a movie soundtrack. The film is Midnight Express: Legacy, in which Shia Labouf goes in search of his long-lost computer-animated heroin dealer father in a plot largely jerry-rigged to provide lots of slick music video montages.

Because with analogue synthy house this throbbing and tense, why would you risk letting something like story getting in the way of the sensory overload?

This movie moves in alternating sequences of drug-delerium hedonism and moments of vein-ripping suspense.

So Tin Machine, the opener, is all perpetual energy and fluid tracking shots, beats coalescing into a beautifully poised strut while an acid-funk synth bassline carves cocaine shapes in the air. But then The Movie is all hissing sewer grills, human silhouettes blown up to cinematic proportions by menacing car headlights, nervy walks down alleyways where our protagonist senses darting figures darting in his/her peripheral vision.

It kicks back in at the moment where the 1970s filmstock turns into a computer game and the characters go raving in a shared lucid dream. That’s Girly Hole - all futuristic and nostalgic and pulverising to the soul.

You thought Blue Tapes didn’t do bangers. You got us all wrong.

So very wrong.

When the credits roll over C-T we get gripping, Ligeti-like piano licks matched to an impervious titanium beat (think Eyes Wide Shut, if Tom Cruise’s wet yuppie-swinger was The Terminator).

This is our second vinyl release and first proper EP. Pour Le Plaisir has released 14 records previously on the Moleskine Records label.

Praise for Tin Machine EP:

"...an unsettling joyride through a world populated entirely of your own imagination. Put simply: damn, this EP is strangely fantastic." - Echoes and Dust

"Pour Le Plaisir’s The Movie is a track that cannot be summarised in words without falling into cliché. We needed to go beyond that.

Upon listening it, we decided that the eeriness of its melody and the relentless progression of its synth-line demanded a narrative treatment. We therefore commissioned, through the friend of a friend, an elevator pitch for the movie that The Movie would soundtrack. The friend of our friend sent us an elevator pitch. It was good. We would probably watch the movie encoded within in a night of insomnia.

However, we realised that that the emotional complexity of the situations faced by the protagonists of this story – that mix of horror and fascination with which they advance towards a beacon which is the reflection of light in the killer’s blade – were too subtle and multi-layered to be summarised with a simple plot summary.

The friend of our friend suggested a visual treatment, and put us in touch with a film-maker friend who would shoot some footage capturing this elusive je-ne-sais-quoi at the hear of The Movie. This is what he sent us:

Down a derelict industrial state, an abandoned warehouse, sucked dry by invisible forces. A formless silhouette in a window, or perhaps a pastiche of shadows anamorphically coming together as we enter a diorama of decay. Think of the evocative videos that provide the McGuffin for Gibson’s Pattern Recognition,imagine, if you can the industrial belt around Stalker’s Zone after the Zone has expanded to engulf it.
      We listen to The Movie and these are the things that happen inside our head. There was no friend of a friend, there was no elevator pitch or visual treatment, just the unseen force inside The Movies devising a conduit to invade our dreams like it has invaded our days." - 20 Jazz Funk Greats

"Very good... For the lovers of all things leftfield dance, this isn’t trite peaks and easy listening. It engages and alienates simultaneously. Tin Machine is electronic acid funk with a bit of French house antecedents. All clean lines and anomie. Girly Hole is a peach of a track with a 70s synth funk attitude for a real dance floor pleaser. And that vinyl is quite beautiful. Worth paying £9.99." - Acid Ted
    • Guest blue tapes
      By Guest blue tapes
      POUR LE PLAISIR - TIN MACHINE EP

one-sided frosted-clear heavyweight 180g vinyl 12" EP

with screenprinted picture disc artwork + download

BUY HERE

It may be all of 4 tracks and 27 minutes long, but Pour Le Plasir’s Tin Machine EP is the closest we’ve come to a movie soundtrack. The film is Midnight Express: Legacy, in which Shia Labouf goes in search of his missing computer-animated heroin dealer father in a plot largely jerry-rigged to provide lots of slick music video montages.

Because with analogue synthy house this throbbing and tense, why would you risk letting something like story getting in the way of the sensory overload?

This movie moves in alternating sequences of drug-delerium hedonism and moments of vein-ripping suspense.

So Tin Machine, the opener, is all perpetual energy and fluid tracking shots, beats coalescing into a beautifully poised disco strut while an acid-funk synth bassline carves cocaine shapes in the air. But then The Movie is all hissing sewer grills, human silhouettes blown up to cinematic proportions by menacing car headlights, nervy walks down alleyways where our protagonist senses darting figures darting in his/her peripheral vision.

It kicks back in at the moment where the 1970s filmstock turns into a computer game and the characters go raving in a shared lucid dream. That’s Girly Hole - all futuristic and nostalgic and pulverising to the soul.

You thought Blue Tapes didn’t do bangers. You got us all wrong.

So very wrong.

When the credits roll over C-T we get gripping, Ligeti-like piano licks matched to an impervious titanium beat (think Eyes Wide Shut, if Tom Cruise’s wet yuppie-swinger was The Terminator).

This is our second vinyl release and first proper EP. Pour Le Plaisir has released 14 records previously on the Moleskine Records label.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfsNSTOk7Rc

http://vimeo.com/113842106