IGNORED

Where is Tetsu Inoue?

awepittance

I agonized whether to publish this post or not. The only reason I haven’t already is because I highly value individual privacy, and if someone does not want to be contacted then that wish should be respected. But this has gone on long enough and my wonder has turned into concern. And I’m not the only one concerned.
Where Is Tetsu Inoue?
His last official album, Inland, came out in 2007. It is now over five years later and there has never been such a long gap between his releases. Previously, the gap was usually only a year or two. Emails to his address have gone unanswered, snail-mail to 2350 Broadway was unsuccessful (although curiously not ‘returned to sender’), and I’ve even heard from label owners this last year wishing to contact him to resolve pending business issues, as they were also unsuccessful in contacting him. I have heard from some of his collaborators who have worked with him on and off for twenty years who are also unable to reach him. At this point, two possibilities come to mind:
(1) He’s being reclusive

(2) He’s dead
Is he fed up with music industry shenanigans? Was he ‘back home’ in Japan when the tsunami hit? Did he simply want some distance between himself and the public (and his fans)? Since I have been managing his official homepage for the last decade or so, I would occasionally receive holiday cards, the random CDR showcasing new output, or a random email or note every few months. But all that has come to a complete standstill and what is left is a legacy of outstanding music from the last 20 years and a deafening silence from the man himself. Tetsu, if you’re out there, give our radar a ping!

http://phonaut.wordpress.com/2012/06/21/where-is-tetsu-inoue/

keep in mind this article was written 2 years ago when many people were concerned about friends and family in Japan right after the Fukushima disaster but I've heard from people who used to be in contact with him that they still can't contact him. I'm putting this here in hopes that someone has heard something new.

Archived