IGNORED

Thread for solving the Mysteries of the Universe

Bechuga

Is there something about this plane of existence you don't understand? Something that befuddles your puny human mind? In this thread, with the help of other WATMM users, let's solve these mysteries so we can continue through this confusing existence with one less worry. Besides money, love, warm living and eating stuff.

My personal mystery to solve, if you could help me get to the bottom of it, is this:

Why oh why do so many people own copies of Bon Jovi's Crossroads?

Everyone, from metal heads to teachers to friends I visited when in primary school to scientists seem to own this album with that bland black and white photo cover. Why does it appear everywhere?!

Please help me understand this societal enigma.

Why do entities invade my subconcious and the collective unconscious?

To your question: because in an alternate universe, you live in New Jersey?

When it comes to those kind of questions, I always ask WATMM's unofficial oracle: http://ackuna.com/badtranslator

Original text:

"Why oh why do so many people own copies of Bon Jovi's Crossroads?"

...35 translations later, Bing gives us:

"This guy is a temporary thing, Carrefour ridiculous, kind of like a good book."

*mind ablown*

Why do entities invade my subconcious and the collective unconscious?

To your question: because in an alternate universe, you live in New Jersey?

You left your brain latch open, you need to close it by wedging crayons up your nose. I did when I was four and haven't been invaded since.

And I heard heaven is like New Jersey, but bigger.

When it comes to those kind of questions, I always ask WATMM's unofficial oracle: http://ackuna.com/badtranslator

Original text:

"Why oh why do so many people own copies of Bon Jovi's Crossroads?"

"This guy is a temporary thing, Carrefour ridiculous, kind of like a good book."

*mind ablown*

Bon Jovi's been around for years, he is clearly not temporary, nor do I think he has ever read a book, answer rejected

It has it's ups and downs, you stick around long enough you'll realise that. Certain members are exerting a stronger influence than others at the moment, they'll get balanced out once they get over eager and things start getting deleted which will deflate their thing. Then it'll quieten down and we'll contract back to the baseline threads of gen ban, till some big event thread happens, which spurs new threads which may or may not have merit.

/solving the mysteries of watmm genban

It has it's ups and downs, you stick around long enough you'll realise that. Certain members are exerting a stronger influence than others at the moment, they'll get balanced out once they get over eager and things start getting deleted which will deflate their thing. Then it'll quieten down and we'll contract back to the baseline threads of gen ban, till some big event thread happens, which spurs new threads which may or may not have merit.

/solving the mysteries of watmm genban

sooo they get banned for being too influential? For what is a 'thing'? What for is the difference between merit threads and the nonmerit kind?

How can you be in a mirror backwards when the mirror is pointing from in-front of you and your eyes are inverting an upside down refraction of yourself yourself yourself? Can it be, that in an alternate universe, everything is upside down and inside out and there is a doppelganger of you repeating your exact movements or is it just glass and chrome and smoke and mirrors, but what if you give up smoking, then what?

Cmo this warzoné smak j gedmmertes iindeki arrire iindeki mantm trjc in-vor the her gz przeciwlege and rfraction voc st m voc crazy side-goes voc? Trjc nce an verse AFX seenek is and a key wyszy L side the she intrieur altrr Zubr Deutchmark offlicence oui oui pan au chocolat?

Cmo this warzoné smak j gedmmertes iindeki arrire iindeki mantm trjc in-vor the her gz przeciwlege and rfraction voc st m voc crazy side-goes voc? Trjc nce an verse AFX seenek is and a key wyszy L side the she intrieur altrr Zubr Deutchmark offlicence oui oui pan au chocolat?

Original text:

"Cmo this warzoné smak j gedmmertes iindeki arrire iindeki mantm trjc in-vor the her gz przeciwlege and rfraction voc st m voc crazy side-goes voc?"

"Brzisi Gidmert Werfrakshn Ayindik Ayindik, a man with the common wishes and share to improve, expand or Warzone for inspiration. Little devil slide."

Original text:

" Trjc nce an verse AFX seenek is and a key wyszy L side the she intrieur altrr Zubr Deutchmark offlicence oui oui pan au chocolat? "

"Run Auflisins, and Fritz Braun Diochmark decoding Weiss Ltd extension of the knee."

oracle_of_thassa_by_dallas_williams-d6kt

Why oh why do so many people own copies of Bon Jovi's Crossroads?

lol I have this on cassette! And no, i can't explain it --it just sort of happened. I was 8 at the time. One day i was minding my own business, trading hockey cards or some bullshit, then suddenly I bought a Bon Jovi cassette.

One can be overwhelmed, but can one just be whelmed? What would that even mean?

Huh. I never took "overwhelmed" to mean crying. It's usually used in the context of being astonished or in awe of something, and then people will use underwhelmed if they're unimpressed by something... though I'm not sure that's a word. It isn't, if I am to believe Sloan lyrics.

'whelm' can men 'to well up'. 'To well up' can mean 'to be close to crying' to be overwhelmed would mean that the crying has started and to be underwhelmed would mean that your tear ducts kept the tears in.

There are lots of other meanings though innit like something being 'quite good' might mean it underwhelmed you, or it could mean you were crying in your face.

Archived