IGNORED

5 over 3 in the key of A

Guest skibby

gold melodies man, the synth at 1:10 is beautiful, i like the rhythm of the beats but i'm not quite happy with the samples you used for it. i kind of miss a bit of groove here and there, maybe some fast hihats or tambourines, some claps with reverbs or even a fast glitchy break...

gold melodies man, the synth at 1:10 is beautiful, i like the rhythm of the beats but i'm not quite happy with the samples you used for it. i kind of miss a bit of groove here and there, maybe some fast hihats or tambourines, some claps with reverbs or even a fast glitchy break...

I was just thinking this, specifically the groove.

Skibby good track and welcome to EKT, your tracks so far have been great.

I'm working on my confidence so that I can start submitting my tracks too!

Guest skibby

thank you Michael and Stephen!

It's a jam really, but since it seems to strike a note, maybe I ought to stay with it. I just wish i didn't use 5/3 cause its almost impossible for me or my grid to conceptualize. I just get lucky sometimes when I pick crazy ass time signatures and get lost in unfamiliar territory. also, I'm starting with A and working my way up, to see if I can learn about song keys. basically I think the first note of the song determines the key, but for added measure I go back to the note whenever I run out of ideas :)

Nah man, I think (and I don't want to speak for mr mike there but...) what I was thinking is that you need some fills between lines. I don't know the properly terminology because I'm very stupid.

But It seems like you need some fill in between bars or whatever. You have this medical accuracy (much like plaid) that needs some filler noises in between...

I'm not making sense I don't think.

really nasty beat around 0:30. I personally would like to hear more of the less-distorted lead but that's just personal preference! Really great melodies and nice tempo in general.

Really digging moments of it, but feels a bit too loose at the moment (i know it's a jam, so maybe ignore that comment) - I'd like to hear more of a loop'd sequence of the lead lines from 1:24 to 1:40 throughout the song as a back-drop to your noodling - that plus the drums would give it a more structured feel (but again, it's a jam so whatevvvv)

Guest skibby

thanks for the feedback!

it's kind of an 'is what it is' concept, but at the core, there is beauty, and the version i have locked in the virtual tape canister sounds much better.

i'm toying with stuff, but if i toy with it too much, im going to lose the rawness that i like about it.

to be continued!

I like the track, but I don't think it's quite as ace as LU35! I think you could start by letting us feel the wobbles a bit more. You know, like how everything shakes in LU35. That aspect feels nice.

Guest skibby

"This is an alternate, Bandcamp Exclusive version of Five Over Three in the key of A."

I'm going to try to use it as a promo to get support for an album, I hope that's not off-putting.

http://joshgura.bandcamp.com/track/5-3-in-the-key-of-a

I like the track, but I don't think it's quite as ace as LU35! I think you could start by letting us feel the wobbles a bit more. You know, like how everything shakes in LU35. That aspect feels nice.

Thanks! LU35 took about a month, and it's more like a collaboration. 5/3 took about 3 days. (which I really really prefer!)

Thanks! LU35 took about a month, and it's more like a collaboration. 5/3 took about 3 days. (which I really really prefer!)

I know what you mean. Still you should try to incorporate elements over from previous tracks!

I like it! For me there are some very unique sounds on it, and it's interesting because of that! Everything sounds FM'd which is an awesome effect. Also, am I imagining things, or did you update the first track as well?

Guest skibby

I like it! For me there are some very unique sounds on it, and it's interesting because of that! Everything sounds FM'd which is an awesome effect. Also, am I imagining things, or did you update the first track as well?

nope, but i will get a pro account if i can figure out the getting money bit. :)

Archived