IGNORED

New Shit

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers funka, hope you're feeling healthy.

A few of these tracks are probably gonna find their way onto other things but maybe I could put a bunch of stuff up there too - will have a search for more old trakxs soon(ish [maybe]).

Yeh these are mostly just off-cuts from ages ago tbh. Colours is a proper track (unmixed/mastered) and 25 mins long tho ;)

Hoping to have loads of free time in April so will try to find and sort a bunch of stuff then.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had that stuck in my head for the last couple of days and it took me a while to place where I'd heard the melody...proper earworm! Cool track. Could imagine this as the soundtrack to an old platform arcade game...the slow down/fade out at the end is like losing a life or 'game over' or something. :)

If I were redoing it I'd beef the kick up a bit as it's a bit quiet. Actually, the drums are kinda quiet in the mix overall for me. Still, that melody rules and there's enough going on in the track to keep me interested 'til the end.

Also, I disagree that your stuff sounds derivative as your tracks stand out as pretty idiosyncratic to me.

If these are all old would really like to hear some new stuff you're working on.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Some really fantastical stuff here but holy shit Colours is blowing my mind. Excellent :)

Comments below are for the first track posted on the first page.

Very nice deconstruction going on, esp at first. Nice grit mixed in with the soft.

Beautiful bass intro around :50! Nice quiet moment around 1:45 and rumble back to full beat following that.

I really like the spaciousness and experimentation before getting to full groove. Like a baby duckling getting it's footing.

Feels very original and distinct, great groove! :music:

Edited by mat

The "dot" title song that's 2:51 long is a very pleasurable bit of ambiance. Nice way to loop a kick pattern. It draws me in and makes me want to find the most subtle way to rock forward and back gently.

The other track posted below that one with the "cat eye" title is unique and feels much shorter than it is.

JPDATSC felt like a cheeky interlude but it makes me think you haven't quite found your style yet (though I believe you said it's old).

"+" has a nice evolution but feels a bit like a stock movie soundtrack vibe.

26/12 2 has a nice beat/groove but the sounds sound a bit to generic for me.

Though I must admit I didn't listen to Colours all the way through, skipped around a bit, it feels very nice and a good bit of drone/repetition. I'll listen again when I'm contemplating something later.

• 3 weeks later...

I have listen to your tracks above previously. I must now how in the work you're getting all these field samples, there are tons of them. Maybe I should watch documentaries more or something?

I have listen to your tracks above previously. I must now how in the work you're getting all these field samples, there are tons of them. Maybe I should watch documentaries more or something?

Pilfered from all sorts of places and/or recorded in the 'field' (carry a Sony PCM-M10 when out and about).

I am a fan. Any chance of some mp3s?

Thanxxxks, will sort something out soon.

• 1 month later...
Guest Fuxcs

In regards to the original track, that pre-kick sploosh gives me the greatest of wet feelings.

Yeah man. This is tight.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just listened to the two previously posted tracks and I love that stuff. It seems to take roots in some music I love but it also sounds so unique.. I love the mixing, sounds natural, balanced, it breathes. . .

At this point I'd like to confess that I was convinced you were RDJ at some point after you posted a certain track which despite one or two things had imo a real Aphex feel (just checked the track commented by Encym, that's the one). Kind of ashamed I PMed you at that time for that reason. In retrospective and given all the new or unreleased music he's been dropping it doesn't make that much sense anymore to me but anyways, just wanting to write that now because I thought it might amuse you.

Any more info about this release? Please let us know sooner or later, looking forward to it.