IGNORED

New Shit

nice one. i like it

nice build, groove and atmosphere. like those high sounds too :)

Only thing i would change is to reduce the predelay a bit

Edited by Guest

i'm picturing it as a painting, really strong theme upfront, i mean, your song, but i miss some background ambient, maybe some chopped up vocal samples and wavy stuff, like wind or waves i dunno, nature stuff, all mixed up and side chained with your beats...

great work nonetheless!!!

I'm not trying to be facetious or anything when I say the synth carrying the melody needs...a little more to it! In parts anyway. It sounds very weak in some parts, mostly when other things are going on you can tell the frequencies are overlapped. Maybe you could try modulating the predelay of reverb a bit in some parts to make the sound a bit more full and dynamic. Like in parts that may feel more emotional to increase the predelay a bit to carry a more subtle effect? Fav part is when everything goes all quiet at 1:35. I like your use of mono to stereo as well as the sudden transition to quiet in some parts. Keep up the good werk!

Thanks for listening/critiquing.

I know what you mean about the tuned sounds being very weak, it could sound more satisfying but that's not what I wanted to do with this track, it'd lose the intended feeling if I brought the melodic parts out more. Appreciate your constructive thoughts.

Here's some old shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az8Z2vV_L04

Thanks for listening/critiquing.

I know what you mean about the tuned sounds being very weak, it could sound more satisfying but that's not what I wanted to do with this track, it'd lose the intended feeling if I brought the melodic parts out more. Appreciate your constructive thoughts.

Here's some old shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az8Z2vV_L04

someone call 911 and get me an ambience!

• 2 weeks later...

I love the beat of this track, it's very deep and subtle and this side-chained noise adds a very tasty glue to it. I felt frustrated about the chords, I think it's because they remind me of a shitty gansta rap song but in the end I think it's just a weird association in my mind, not sure I've heard such a song before. So forget the thing about the chords. Great track.

Interesting that you uploaded it in such a bad quality. It makes me wonder if all this sound palette wouldn't be even more characteristic with a more decent file compression, if you know what I mean. On a side not I'm very sad that I can't listen to this "old shit" because "this video is private".

Guest GateFour

Really nice - love the intro and the beat work. Those plick ploks and the short chords go well with the sub throughout the track in my opinion... it rolls along fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Heh, that kick eq'd to almost non existance in the first reminded me that you could do that, i'm too many years out of a daw. The second one had me clicking up and down with the volume on the side of the tablet, heh. (tinny, came with an old phone earbuds blasting the precious earszaning).

I know that these comments don't really constitute critique, sorry, I'm a bad man. [-; I listened all the way through without skimming, and that's good for me.

• 2 months later...