Jump to content

Flying Lotus - You're Dead!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said it'll feature him rapping a lot and many jazzy melodies. ok.

where did you see that?

 

Maybe it's the full length captain murphy release he said was on the way last year

 

 

edit: no probably not cap murph, it says FL in the top left corner there... hmm!

Edited by StephenG
Link to post
Share on other sites

i actually got excited thinking this was Flying Lotus doing a conceptual cover album of Autechre's LP5, color me super fucking dissapointed

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest bitroast

I was going to add quotation marks to the thread title to make it "LP5" but realised I can only edit the post not the thread title. sorry about lying in OP (í'd edit the comment saying i'll edit the thread title but .. ehhhhh)

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

@RasheedTheGreat: @flyinglotus Is your new album going to have more of a Jazz feel or...?”Yes. I imagine it will b kind of jarring at first

 

@fuckseabass: @flyinglotus is it gonna be a captain murphy album?”... it's a flylo album this time but the captain is all over it.

Saw it on twitter. Can't believe i found the posts immediately. I had kinda hoped he'd keep Captain Murphey and Flying Lotus seperate, but we'll see how he handles it. Might be awesome! OR it might feel like there wasn't enough of the FlyLo sound. I don't see how anything will be jarring. I wonder what he means.

 

I'm pretty sure he also stated that another Captain Murphy album will come out separately. Hopefully the Flylo album doesn't house the best Captain Murphy tracks, and he just puts the lesser ones on the CM album. I doubt it.

Edited by Brisbot
Link to post
Share on other sites

not psyched about the CM angle

 

 

It's like getting excited about a Stan Getz record only to realize Al Jarreau is all over it

Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm hyped... I like both his stuffs.

 

 

 

I love pickles and vanilla chai but I don't want them mixed together

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

not psyched about the CM angle

It's like getting excited about a Stan Getz record only to realize Al Jarreau is all over it

yeh. exactly. I hope the CM angle is unique on the FlyLo record. He's only had one record out as CM so who knows what other ideas he has?

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

i'm hyped... I like both his stuffs.

 

 

 

I love pickles and vanilla chai but I don't want them mixed together

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i actually got excited thinking this was Flying Lotus doing a conceptual cover album of Autechre's LP5, color me super fucking dissapointed

lel

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm 97% sure I will like it. The other 3% of me is a sexually confused lobster.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

It's like getting excited about a Stan Getz record only to realize Al Jarreau is all over it

:golf clap:

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

It's like getting excited about a Stan Getz record only to realize Al Jarreau is all over it

:golf clap:

 

 

I just had to google two names to understand this but I still lol'd

Link to post
Share on other sites

i like my vanilla chai how i like my pickles; maxmsp.

 

But naw, I don't.

 

He has two albums of Jazz tinged delights already, I thought this was going to be his take on ambient? not that I'm complaining or anything because Flying Lotus is Lotus Flying.

 

I liked the CM stuff but I can only listen to that every so often. I could listen to any of FL's albums and listen to it for a week straight. Duality didn't offer that for me unfortunately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

Really excited about this! This is probably going to be one of my musical highlights of 2014.

 

btw The artwork looks pretty awesome. I looked up Shintaro Kago, and discovered some interesting stuff... :fear:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...