IGNORED

Flying Lotus - You're Dead!

Guest bitroast

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't like the cover that much but yeah the preview is neat.
Oh and of course you can preorder the album on Bleep and track listing w/ tracks lengths is available on Warp.net :)

01 - Theme (1:24)
02 - Tesla (1:55)
03 - Cold Dead (1:34)
04 - Fkn Dead (0:40)
05 - Never Catch Me (feat. Kendrick Lamar) (3:55)
06 - Dead Man's Tetris (feat. Captain Murphy & Snoop Dogg) (2:26)
07 - Turkey Dog Coma (3:10)
08 - Stirring (0:31)
09 - Coronus, the Terminator (2:40)
10 - Siren Song (feat. Angel Deodorian) (2:38)
11 - Turtles (2:07)
12 - Ready err Not (1:46)
13 - Eyes Above (1:13)
14 - Moment of Hesitation (2:18)
15 - Descent Into Madness (feat. Thundercat) (1:27)
16 - The Boys Who Died in Their Sleep (feat. Captain Murphy) (1:51)
17 - Obligatory Cadence (2:56)
18 - Your Potential//The Beyond (feat. Niki Randa) (1:46)
19 - The Protest (1:57)

Very short tracks, hope it'll be as dense as Cosmogramma !

And instrumental versions of the tracks will be available in the boxset (haha)

Also I'm so glad that Thom Yorke is FINALLY not on a FlyLo album :cisfor:

EDIT : loads of vocal tracks according to the track list...

That preview looks and sounds really great, but I really hope this one will stick out more than his last two albums... I only revisit the Reset EP, L.A. and the Captain Murphy album regularly. The others weren't bad, some tracks were actually really great, but I hardly ever listen to them since their release.

Also, I'm getting a bit fed-up with the frantic Thundercat bass sound.

On a positive note, I'm pretty excited about this one with Herbie and Snoop contributing.

warp needs someone to do bass guitar since mr Tom has uhm... taken a departure from his signature sound.

=)

warp needs someone to do bass guitar since mr Tom has uhm... taken a departure from his signature sound.

=)

more like defarture

sorry tom i luvu

Guest bitroast

the front cover is nice, but again, i'm assuming it is going to look a whole lot nicer in the context of the whole package. (especially with all those track by track artworks on flylos tumblr).

somebody pay for the boxset for me so I can gawk at the artwork, pls.

Guest bitroast

Its hard to tell from samples how album will sound, but it seems to have a sound palette pretty similar to Quiet. Same blips, jazz fusion sounds. Maybe a bit on the spastic psychedelia side ala cosmogramma.

Yeah agreed, it doesnt sound overly different or jarring.

I hope it is like cosmogramma in it's flow and experimentation... i think LA is probably his most influential and is pretty amazing, but i think what he was trying to do with cosmogramma appeals to me more... previews sound awesome but who knows

I hope it is like cosmogramma in it's flow and experimentation... i think LA is probably his most influential and is pretty amazing, but i think what he was trying to do with cosmogramma appeals to me more... previews sound awesome but who knows

same

same

samey same

83 & Reset were like whoa

LA was the haze

Cosmogramma was the shit

Pattern Grid World was completely disposable

So were those b-sides those you had to dick around with your webcam for until somebody just finally uploaded all of them

Until Quiet had it's moments but doesn't stack up to Cosmo

Those ideas and drafts were prey good

Never really got the cap'n murphy thing

This??

if he were to do something different, I'd like to hear more fully formed tracks rather than a bunch of 1:30 songs. his newer stuff all seems very incohesive to me because of that. kind of like some prefuse albums. just throw a bunch of shit at the wall and see what sticks. I'll def be checking this out for sure but I have low expectations as nothing has really stuck with me since cosmo

Archived