IGNORED

Video of Plaid playing mogees with Bruno Zamborlin

Bechuga

As the title suggests, a short audio visual moving picture of said artists performing using digital doohickeys:

[vimeo]100497742[/vimeo]

If you watch the vid without sound, you could imagine that this is what a Plaid performance would look like if they forgot their laptops or the world was suddenly brought to a computerless halt.

It's a cool idea (of which there have been various implementations if I'm not mistaken, I'm thinking of the Wavedrum Mini for example) but it's a bit bollocks to have Plaid in the background while you go all sales pitch.

this is the most stupid idea i've ever seen. and i hate the fact that Bruno Zamborlin poses as if he s an inventor or pioneer or whatever.

really? the most stupid idea? how?

Well it is a little forced, and the Plaid guys are polite enough to be there but it doesn't really look natural lol. At least Bruno is enjoying himself.

keep performance out of music. laptops FTW!

Thanks for posting the vid though, I'd definitely have one of those.

I just hate the idea of going to see aphex one day and him 'tapping and stroking radiators' I'd rather see laptronicas sitting still with a worried expression and a rotary pot of some sort.

-----------

Pah, I don't what I'm saying anymore. good night.

this is the most stupid idea i've ever seen. and i hate the fact that Bruno Zamborlin poses as if he s an inventor or pioneer or whatever.

really? the most stupid idea? how?

how? really? it's a stupid idea to make music in such funny way. you either play an instrument or use software to make music. and you dont need to invent nerdy methods, which in reality, will just fail and upset.

yes i'm very closed minded/old fashioned. :mu-ziq: but this has nothing to do with the funniness of this method.. you ll need your mobile phone and connect hardware to it, then install software, and it all will consume dear phone battery. smart phones' batteries already drain within one day, and once you begin playing with this, you ll lose yourself in some "creational" spirit but within half an hour, lose your incoming calls, too :/ plus, if i want to make music using random material, i just tap them with my fingers or a stick, why bash them with my phone, no?

I've thought about it some more and actually, I'd love to see aphex one day 'tapping and stroking radiators.

Plaid are great though yeah?

Does look abit of a gimmik.. we'll have to wait and listen to find out the capabilities.

I for one haven't heard anything yet to get excited about......

Archived