IGNORED

Malaysian airliner shot down, 295 dead

Guest jasondonervan

I guess this bullshit is intended for domestic consumption.

Someone tried to edit russian Wikipedia article about SU-25:

BtEoaOiIQAMDLOL.jpg

So why it translated to english then? BTW fly height from the ukrainian mil gov http://www.mil.gov.ua/ministry/ozbroennya-ta-texnika/povitryani-sili.html

7-10 km + air2air missle must be enough. Anonymous wiki edit sounds more like bullshit from euromaidan news lol. On wiki SU-25 air2air missle range differs - in ru version 10-12 km and in en its 4 km by unproven source.

So what you gonna say now since there is brand new version from our officials? They say now that it was BUK (but Ukrainian of course lol). There is no more SU25.

Also SU25 creator said that it is impossible for SU25 to shoot down such target on such height with air2air missile.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If history's told us anything, it's that humans only learn the hard way, if we learn at all. Robber-baron like wealth disparity? Sure. Fervent nationalism? Why not. What's the worst that could happen? We've come a long way (baby) but savagery and ignorace are persistent motherfuckers. TBH what frightens me the most is how our technological advances seem to grow exponentially* while our ethics continue to evolve linearly, and on the scale of generations.

* though I do think this will flatten somewhat in the next few decades as we come upon the physical limitations inherent in quantum mechanics, relativity & thermodynamics

agree with everything except I think it looks like we will also learn the hard way about technology on a cultural level. Instead of flattening out, tech growth is gonna hurt us hard one way or the other imo. so much ignorance/irresponsibility... also no reason for tech to flatten due to physical limits. Software is still pretty shit, lots to learn....

Archived