IGNORED

EDM C2 / D4 / E1

calx

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To everyone here worried about not being able to pay immediately due to whatever, I sent this message regarding pre-ordering:

Hi! I am interested in ordering a copy of the new EDM set, but most likely will not have money for it until about a month from now (around August 25). So I was curious, do you have a cut-off date for this?

and got this in response:

Hello and thanks for supporting with your pre-order

for the new strictly limited, triple format set of

Electronic Dance Music.

Released in Autumn 2014, sent directly from us to you.

Please paypal £23 GBP ($40 USD) to:

edm.soundwave@gmail.com

We’ll then send you an email confirming your

reservation and personal edition number.

We will contact you before the stock arrives with the

cost of p&p to your location (sending via Royal Mail).

Cheers again,

Peace.

Which seems to be the form response to this, BUT there was a 16 hour window from when I e-mailed to when I got the response, so it's not like it's just an automated reply, so it seems as though they're okay letting you confirm your pre-order and pay a bit later.

I've been doing the same thing for all three Colundi releases, and Aleksi Perälä has always been very cool with me holding a spot and paying when I get the funds in a reasonable amount of time.

^

i'd be careful how i interpret that if i were you. they don't say when in august and they don't say how limited. what if the exact number of copies made are the exact number of preorders paid for by a certain day?

i sent them an email asking if cd's would be made for d4 and e1, saying if not then i would like the set but if so then i can't afford it. they responded with that form response, which i could interpret as meaning there will not be cd releases for those.

maybe they will release digital downloads at some point down the road, like jodey just did with plus ten - grace, who knows

From what I can gather, they are collecting the money, and assuming enough comes in to cover their pressing run costs, then they can go ahead and reach out to all the preorders and get specific amounts for shipping based on the buyer's locale. It's a safe way to ensure they don't lose any money on the initial run by prepaying for it. Funny how it's taken the industry this long to arrive at that solution (I did it 10 years ago with WATMM Volume One) and stop bleeding money and having unsold stock.

From what I can gather, they are collecting the money, and assuming enough comes in to cover their pressing run costs, then they can go ahead and reach out to all the preorders and get specific amounts for shipping based on the buyer's locale. It's a safe way to ensure they don't lose any money on the initial run by prepaying for it. Funny how it's taken the industry this long to arrive at that solution (I did it 10 years ago with WATMM Volume One) and stop bleeding money and having unsold stock.

Big companies do this (produce more than what will be sold) on purpose (specifically in the printing/publishing, movies/dvd sales, and music/cd sales). It's called inventory loading I believe. Companies can book the products as assets with recoverable amounts based on sales trends whether or not that particular item will produce the cash flows.

In publishing up to 50% of books sold to large retailers are actually returned to be destroyed or sold at huge discounts (20% for hardcovers).

Big companies do this (produce more than what will be sold) on purpose (specifically in the printing/publishing, movies/dvd sales, and music/cd sales). It's called inventory loading I believe. Companies can book the products as assets with recoverable amounts based on sales trends whether or not that particular item will produce the cash flows.

In publishing up to 50% of books sold to large retailers are actually returned to be destroyed or sold at huge discounts (20% for hardcovers).

Interesting - I suppose it wouldn't work as well with small companies, hence this approach (or just the reality of not wanting to spend money without a near-guaranteed return on the investment).

Anyone else waiting on a code? I sent the money on 22/07 but yeah, I'm still waiting.

I emailed them this morning.

Anyone else waiting on a code? I sent the money on 22/07 but yeah, I'm still waiting.

I only now see that we're supposed to get a confirmation mail, the Colundi orders didn't have that. Haven't received mine as well, but I figure that'll come, eventually. In any case it's the best proof that it is indeed Rephlex behind it :)

I only now see that we're supposed to get a confirmation mail, the Colundi orders didn't have that. Haven't received mine as well, but I figure that'll come, eventually. In any case it's the best proof that it is indeed Rephlex behind it :)

lol, true that, consider it confirmed if I don't get a reply from the one I sent this morning :D

it says you'll get a confirmation with personal edition number, generally these are in 1/25 or whatever format, maybe they are waiting until they decide how many to make

we're all in the same boat

it says you'll get a confirmation with personal edition number, generally these are in 1/25 or whatever format, maybe they are waiting until they decide how many to make

we're all in the same boat

Yeah, I thought I read further up someone got a code already, I must've read wrong... Hey ho, It'll probably come with the shipping invoice :-/

I'd just like it in FLAC, a simple page to buy it digitally would make life much easier thx

much respect to all the edm peepz, especially jodey kendrick and compo

Interesting - I suppose it wouldn't work as well with small companies, hence this approach (or just the reality of not wanting to spend money without a near-guaranteed return on the investment).
Remember, it used to be the same in the music business, unsold vinyl & CDs would be returned to the record company after a period of time.

Guest jasondonervan
Remember, it used to be the same in the music business, unsold vinyl & CDs would be returned to the record company after a period of time.

True this. Back in the late 1980s, there was a record distribution place next to my Dad's offices in town. They used to have open bins within their lockup, piled high with thousands of loose vinyl/sleeves.

I could be wrong, but I thought I saw that it was a 300 copy release.

Could be the Colundi Level 3 12", that is limited to 300 and was available to pre-order at the same time of this.

where did u see the colundi level 3 available for pre order?

we were supposed to get an email when it was available if you earmarked it when ordering the AP boxed set....

info plz

I could be wrong, but I thought I saw that it was a 300 copy release.

Could be the Colundi Level 3 12", that is limited to 300 and was available to pre-order at the same time of this.

where did u see the colundi level 3 available for pre order?

we were supposed to get an email when it was available if you earmarked it when ordering the AP boxed set....

info plz

ovuca.com + his facebook page + I also posted it in the Colundi thread last week :) pretty sure you can still order so no biggie!

whew, that's great!

Do you remember when they took orders for the colundi sequence boxed set they asked you to indicate your interest in the level 3 clear vinyl?

When they emailed me back they said they'd let me know when the clear vinyl is ready.

Glad you're on it because I missed it completely!

whew, that's great!

Do you remember when they took orders for the colundi sequence boxed set they asked you to indicate your interest in the level 3 clear vinyl?

When they emailed me back they said they'd let me know when the clear vinyl is ready.

Glad you're on it because I missed it completely!

I do remember I ordered the 4CD set as well as the 12" together, he had both listed on his site. The plan was to release those individually (he gave me two different shipping cost prices) but around the same time. Eventually he just charged for the CD set and said the 12" is coming later, never said anything about letting me know though.

I reckon he figured you'd probably notice it (eventually :biggrin:) when it was announced.

They replied today...

"Hi, yes its was received on 22/7, thank you."

I guess we can safely say this is the new Rephlex we're dealing with :D

Archived