IGNORED

EDM C2 / D4 / E1

calx

Some of those previews that have 'Various Artist's' tagged in the comments sound genuinely like other veteran Rephlex artists. :music: I'm VERY excited about this package :w00t:

Likewise :w00t:

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From fb directly under the comment where he posted the bandcamp link to A2 and B2:

Grant Wilson-Claridge

Q digital download? Dunno, I'm going to encode my copy myself. Be interesting to hear different p2p encodings

not every day you hear the owner of a record label say he cant wait to hear different p2p encodings of a release.

sorry I don't have much patience with going through the thread, got things to do this evening

do I just send the money via paypal to the gmail address? or wat?

thanks

sorry I don't have much patience with going through the thread, got things to do this evening

do I just send the money via paypal to the gmail address? or wat?

thanks

you can reserve your copy by emailing edm.soundwave@gmail.com , they'll send you an email back with instructions how to pay.

Your paying for one cassette, one 12" and one CD bundled together. You have to pay the shipping costs later btw.

Just listening to those previews again and this one is a bit weird: what's going on with the beat on this one? Everytime I hear this it sounds like I have another track playing through it. Really messy (in a good way):

http://youtu.be/wBNbo8v4iSM

From fb directly under the comment where he posted the bandcamp link to A2 and B2:

Grant Wilson-Claridge

Q digital download? Dunno, I'm going to encode my copy myself. Be interesting to hear different p2p encodings

not every day you hear the owner of a record label say he cant wait to hear different p2p encodings of a release.

He didn't say "can't wait" - he said it would be "interesting" - I imagine interesting as in "wow, so putting your hand in a wood chipper really hurts - interesting!"

Guest bitroast

ME:

"Is APHEX TWIN FEATURED IN THIS"

ANSWER:

"It is 3 seperate comps, one on cd, one on cassette and one on vinyl."

mhh

colundi

Hi everyone,

Maybe a little stupid first post but have to ask isn’t anyone else little disappointed that D4 won’t be released on CD? Based on the snippets it seems that the best tracks have been put on that and I would really love to have them. I’ve been waiting for ages the ''Mikolops'' track that Jodey played on Bangface 2012. I don’t own a cassette deck and don’t really see it reasonable to grab one for just one release, especially when I don’t know if the cassette will eventually go hissy and wobbly or something.

Must admit that I don’t really understand the way Rephlex (?) is putting releases out these days. Maybe how they see it is that it’s cool idea to put out this multimedia set, but somehow it just isn’t functional, although in some level I can understand what they are trying to do with this set. Or maybe it is just me who isn’t fully functional, since everyone else seems happy enough. Still, great tunes coming out in this set!

Guest jasondonervan

Hi everyone,

Maybe a little stupid first post but have to ask isn’t anyone else little disappointed that D4 won’t be released on CD? Based on the snippets it seems that the best tracks have been put on that and I would really love to have them. I’ve been waiting for ages the ''Mikolops'' track that Jodey played on Bangface 2012. I don’t own a cassette deck and don’t really see it reasonable to grab one for just one release, especially when I don’t know if the cassette will eventually go hissy and wobbly or something.

Must admit that I don’t really understand the way Rephlex (?) is putting releases out these days. Maybe how they see it is that it’s cool idea to put out this multimedia set, but somehow it just isn’t functional, although in some level I can understand what they are trying to do with this set. Or maybe it is just me who isn’t fully functional, since everyone else seems happy enough. Still, great tunes coming out in this set!

Welcome Grumpy.

Well, there's some hope with that bandcamp materialising with the previous EDM releases on it - so there's a good chance the new set may turn up there too, eventually. There's nothing explicitly stating that the music will only be released via the physical set (unless I missed that somewhere?), so fingers crossed.

Oh, and as per tradition... make sure you read the rules. :rtfm:

Hi everyone,

Welcome Grumpy.

Well, there's some hope with that bandcamp materialising with the previous EDM releases on it - so there's a good chance the new set may turn up there too, eventually. There's nothing explicitly stating that the music will only be released via the physical set (unless I missed that somewhere?), so fingers crossed.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Must admit I was a a bit nervous since I didn't really know if my post went under the ''flame bating'' section since I didn't really understand that part. Bitching about formats may feel stupid or provocative to some people. But hey, not really understanding the rules just indicates I actually did read them. You never said that I have to also understand them :emotawesomepm9:

But anyways, eventually I've got only myself to blame since I must admit that I'm 100% format whore. Maybe it just isn't any way reasonable to release a CD these days even if you collected the funds beforehand. Tapes seem to be the most hip thing right now anyways. I guess that basically the whole idea of this set is that there is one release in each format and digitals will follow later. Still wouldn't mind having an officially released D2 sitting nicely in my shelf next to its brothers A, B and C. It sure sounds as tight as A2 which is easily in my top ten records of all time. I'm just bitching beacause it's so good :music:

Came here to post exactly what jasondonervan said, so anyway, welcome!

There's indeed a very good chance it'll be released on bandcamp eventually, you could always burn those files to a CDr :emotawesomepm9: but I know how you feel. If the first announcement about EDM is true though (that it will be 26 releases), I'm glad they're spreading it out on multiple formats like this.

Guest jasondonervan

Hi everyone,

Welcome Grumpy.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Must admit I was a a bit nervous since I didn't really know if my post went under the ''flame bating'' section since I didn't really understand that part. Bitching about formats may feel stupid or provocative to some people. But hey, not really understanding the rules just indicates I actually did read them. You never said that I have to also understand them :emotawesomepm9:

But anyways, eventually I've got only myself to blame since I must admit that I'm 100% format whore. Maybe it just isn't any way reasonable to release a CD these days even if you collected the funds beforehand. Tapes seem to be the most hip thing right now anyways. I guess that basically the whole idea of this set is that there is one release in each format and digitals will follow later. Still wouldn't mind having an officially released D2 sitting nicely in my shelf next to its brothers A, B and C. It sure sounds as tight as A2 which is easily in my top ten records of all time. I'm just bitching beacause it's so good :music:

'read the rules' is a watmms rite of passage, I wasn't calling you out on anything :cool: You'll get some pretty strong opinions on formats here, everyone has their own preferences which is how it should be, really.

We're all friendly here, honest!

Terminator-smiling-Arnold-Schwarzenegger

JasonD I got it, just tried to be funny so no hard feelings. I’ve lurked here like six years so I’ve got some picture how the things work. If there wasn’t WATMM my record collection would be even more disappointing. So thank you guys for digging new releases! :flower:

IMO it would be quite strange if they didn’t offer immediate digital download for the set purchasers since very few persons have an opportunity to transfer the tape or vinyl to digital. I think that Grant just pulled a leg by implying that he has no clue of digital release. Or maybe he meant those who haven’t purchased the set.

It’s actually quite interesting that the E1 is Kendrick album. When I heard that there’s going to be 27 volumes, it came to my mind if these all will be VA artists or will there be some solo albums in addition. Rob Kidley, JK and Jidomatix albums would be quite dream come true. Also I remember someone mentioning plans for the Heidi Lord album so maybe it’s coming in the EDM series. After all Jidomatix channel was put down as well as Heidi’s soundcloud if I got it right.

I couldn’t find the post but Herr Jan pointed at some point that Alain Kepler can be transformed to Perala with a few extra letters. I also get some distant Aleksi vibes from the Kepler tracks so maybe it’s not too far-fetched. On the other hand could be a pure coincidence. Go figure.

Archived