Hudson Mohawke - Chimes EP

jhonny

A 4 track EP?

I'll take what I can get.

01 Chimes

02 Brainwave

03 King Kong Beaver

04 Chimes (Gammer Re-Edit)

Hopefully he's clearing out a few old tracks. Chimes is 2 or 3 years old.

boring. what happened to the guy inventing (?) this kind of hip-hop-electronica-fusion?

well to be fair he's been making a small fortune on production rights with Yeezy et al. TNGHT rode the EDM wave perfectly over in the states and not a lot has come out which definitely sounds like it's for his LP - most of his tracks have clearly been for the club or for signers/rappers.

Hopefully his LP (when it finally comes out) will deliver. Butter was inconsistent but had some great stuff on it and he was clearly ahead of the curve.

clap.

trap.

(ps are Warp having a loudness war with themselves? Every track preview I've heard on their site for the last 6 months seems to be brickwalled to fuck)

Guest trananhhung

I don't think it's Warp. It's the artists.

Isn't it much easier to just don't care about levels and brickwall everything? I love Clark but he was on the first row with Turning Dragon. It sounds lazy. If you go listen to something like Druqks every sound has it's own space and isn't overwhelmed by whatever repeated HARSH SNARE you throw at a track. Compression and brick walling are the words of the day.

Will we get back to a time where the waveform of a song doesn't look like a very long rectangle?

No offense to the guy or anything, but even being signed to G.O.O.D. Music how does he get by releasing such small quantities of musics?

boring. what happened to the guy inventing (?) this kind of hip-hop-electronica-fusion?

great, I thought I was the only one who thinks Hudson is a bit overrated.

I never thought that people rated him very high at any point.

No offense to the guy or anything, but even being signed to G.O.O.D. Music how does he get by releasing such small quantities of musics?

He eatin'

Since we were on the subject, I did a few searches and found out that Hudson announced a full LP slated to come out on Warp called, "Lard" it was announced a year ago but I haven't heard anything else about it.

Best thing Hudson's been involved in is the Heralds of Change collab project with Mike Slott on AllCity... they got some decent beats going on there (which may or may not be more of Mike Slott's doing). I didn't really care for the Butter LP, but the Hudson's Heeters comp had some decent bangers on it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived