IGNORED

Mad Max: Fury Road

Rubin Farr

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember watching part 2 and 3 when I was about 8 y.o., didn't understand anything about it but the atmosphere stuck with me all these years. Until last month when I finally (re)watched the entire trilogy (which was absolutely brilliant), only to find another movie is in the making.

I'm really not into the know about the background of the director and such, could this be a huge disappointment? The trailer looks really promising in any case.

I was pretty excited when I saw the poster teaser ting... I was mostly excited cuz the Mad Max world has super high potential for aesthetically ultra execution, due to the desolate landscapes and contrasting grunge. But this just looks... well- it just looks like a fun action movie. Haha. Prolly aiiight. I don't know why I keep expecting every film to be some Wes Anderson framing masterpiece... I..... I don't know. Like I imagine even a shit concept like G.I. Joe could be good with proper film making talent. (like, Ultraviolet was almost good)

Hey guyth! I wrote a Miami Vice film a few weeks ago. It's good. How do I get fai birrion dalla for it and my 15+ other screenplays + storyboards + rough music notes?

I remember watching part 2 and 3 when I was about 8 y.o., didn't understand anything about it but the atmosphere stuck with me all these years. Until last month when I finally (re)watched the entire trilogy (which was absolutely brilliant), only to find another movie is in the making.

I'm really not into the know about the background of the director and such, could this be a huge disappointment? The trailer looks really promising in any case.

George has been working on this for over a decade, doing other films as the delays mounted, it's really his blood & sweat in this film. It's his universe & I'd be disappointed if anyone else was driving the bus.

oh, I thought Charlize was supposed to be the bad guy.

can't believe how many people keep going on about how it hasn't got Mel. I don't care that it hasn't got Mel.

Kinda lol'd at the bane style face masks on the presumed bad guy

you talking about this guy?

Mad-Max-Fury-Road-character-poster-4-482

it's the same actor from the original Mad Max

Toecutter-Hugh-Keays-Byrne-Remember-the-

hugh keays-byrne

yep. awesome. glad to see him return. he's also played Lord Vile in The Blood of Heroes, another post-apocalyptic film shot in the Australian outback.

oh, I thought Charlize was supposed to be the bad guy.

can't believe how many people keep going on about how it hasn't got Mel. I don't care that it hasn't got Mel.

It's been in production so long, originally it was Mel, then he went crazy & George must have realized he wasn't box office viable anymore, which is a shame since they basically made each other's career.

I'm not super fond of Mel, though. I've only ever enjoyed him as Max. I don't think he embodies Max, rather he was privileged to be the one to take the role. so I'm not fussed that the role has now gone to someone younger and fresher (though perhaps Mel playing an aging, grizzled Max would've been cool).

I'm pretty fond of Tom Hardon.

When watching the trailer, I thought Mel Gibson would be pretty badass. Cuz the desert... that shit takes its toll. On your mind and your skin. And I thought it could be so badass to have an actual crazy person such as Mel Gibson, in such a film, who just goes fucking so hardcore cuz he gets all coked up and acts from his heart, desperately trying to be an actor again.

All I know is that the Mad Max world is low on resources, so there's no fucking way that the only thing of abundance is facial wipes, moisturizer, and toothpaste+brushes.

i don't know guys, I honestly can't think of anything cooler than an even older more grizzled Mel than in Thunderdome, I mean how could that not be awesome. And don't give me that spiel about how crazy he is or racist he is, Transformers fucking 4 stars as it's main character a convicted attempted murder who almost beat a vietnamese man to death while yelling gook at him, how is Mark Wahlberg seen as a bankable star after that? PS: mike tyson is also a convicted rapist, who now has a comedy cartoon show on Adult Swim, nobody seems to give a fuck

i don't know guys, I honestly can't think of anything cooler than an even older more grizzled Mel than in Thunderdome, I mean how could that not be awesome. And don't give me that spiel about how crazy he is or racist he is, Transformers fucking 4 stars as it's main character a convicted attempted murder who almost beat a vietnamese man to death while yelling gook at him, how is Mark Wahlberg seen as a bankable star after that? PS: mike tyson is also a convicted rapist, who now has a comedy cartoon show on Adult Swim, nobody seems to give a fuck

No i'm with you man, i'd have preferred to have seen Mel back. His ex-wife recorded him at the worst possible time with those phone calls, I think most people have had a meltdown like that at some point. About the Mike Tyson thing though, I honestly don't believe he raped anybody.

Guest jasondonervan

Kinda lol'd at the bane style face masks on the presumed bad guy

you talking about this guy?

Mad-Max-Fury-Road-character-poster-4-482

it's the same actor from the original Mad Max

Toecutter-Hugh-Keays-Byrne-Remember-the-

hugh keays-byrne

Ooh, I didn't know this, he's one of my favourite actors from the original... looks like they pinched a bit of visual styling from Raiden (Metal Gear), non?

Metal-Gear-Rising-Revengence-Raiden_zps8

The first one is my favourite Mad Max. I know a lot of people favour MM2 (AKA The Road Warrior), but for me the first one is real gritty stuff. The fact it was shot on a shoestring not only shows, but adds greatly to the atmosphere... quotes like this warm my heart:

"The film's post-production was done at a friend's apartment in North Melbourne, with Wilson and Kennedy editing the film in the small lounge room on a home-built editing machine that Kennedy's father, an engineer, had designed for them. Wilson and Kennedy also edited the sound there."

And this was how they filmed POV bike scenes. Dangerous, much?

122-1201-01-z+mad-max-revisited-cinemato

Ohh, Goose's bike... that Kwaka KZ1000 was dreamy, one of the fastest production line bikes of it's time... would love to have one tucked away in the garage for weekend warrior abuse.

Mad+Max+Kawasaki+KZ1000+21251138154.jpg

Anyway, I could talk for hours on the original, but I'm keeping an open mind for Fury Road, only because Miller is still at the helm. I hope it will be good... and that Tina Turner won't need to be drafted in to sing 'We don't need another sequel' (Don't get me started on the monstrosity that was Beyond Thunderdome).

See you on the road, skag

Archived