IGNORED

Mad Max: Fury Road

Rubin Farr

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't know guys, I honestly can't think of anything cooler than an even older more grizzled Mel than in Thunderdome, I mean how could that not be awesome. And don't give me that spiel about how crazy he is or racist he is, Transformers fucking 4 stars as it's main character a convicted attempted murder who almost beat a vietnamese man to death while yelling gook at him, how is Mark Wahlberg seen as a bankable star after that? PS: mike tyson is also a convicted rapist, who now has a comedy cartoon show on Adult Swim, nobody seems to give a fuck

great points, i've never understood how marky mark still got to be a hollywood golden boy after reading about that story. the mike tyson thing is also pretty fuckin crazy. not only the rape thing but jesus, look at some of the utterly insane fucked up shit he has said in plain view of however many cameras being pointed right at him. he told some girl interviewing him something to the effect of that she wasn't worthy to interview him because he doesn't talk to females unless he's fucked them (actually among the least of the crazy shit he's said) or something along that lines, and he's been in how many movies and tv shows? serious double standards going on out there.

i always thought the first one was boring (except for a few cool scenes), and kinda didn't make sense (the whole thing of it being like races between apocalypse cops and psychos or whatever the hell is going on..), and the 3rd one was a train wreck but 2 was great

Guest jasondonervan

i always thought the first one was boring (except for a few cool scenes), and kinda didn't make sense (the whole thing of it being like races between apocalypse cops and psychos or whatever the hell is going on..), and the 3rd one was a train wreck but 2 was great

I will concede that the pacing in the original is somewhat askew, but I enjoy empty films with little in the way of exposition/dialogue... so it doesn't hamper my viewing enjoyment.

On a sidenote, I enjoy the little details... like Labatouche (the police commissioner) holding Kendo gear for unexplained reasons. It's provocative without being explicit (Why does he have this gear? Is he off to a Kendo class? Does he wear it on his way to the car park in MFP Headquarters, fearing he may be attacked?). It is never explained/referred back to a later time in the film, and forever remains a mystery. Although a dialogue piece, I find similarity with Snake Plissken being asked about '...flying the Gullfire over Leningrad' in Escape From New York. William Gibson put it best:

"I was intrigued by the exchange in one of the opening scenes where the Warden says to Snake 'You flew the Gullfire over Leningrad, didn't you?' It turns out to be just a throwaway line, but for a moment it worked like the best SF where a casual reference can imply a lot."

you missed out. the first one is visionary. the second one stands on the shoulders of the first by delivering one of the finest action flicks ever. I still have trouble figuring out which one I like more though.

3rd one I have no patience for.

Guest jasondonervan

3rd one I have no patience for.

Mad-Mad-Beyond-Thunderdome-3.jpg

^ Another copy of Caustic Window out in the wild confirmed

Just ordered the blu ray trilogy from Amazon for 12 quid. 3 films I have not seen in a very long time.

me 2

But I've never watched them before

*shame*

It's a shame that the third one is supposedly so bad, just looking at the cover/poster, it looks like an awesome movie:

Mad%2BMax%2B3.jpg

(starring Tina Turner, lol)

I didn't even notice it didn't have Mel in the trailer, I thought they were keeping the suprise of how he looks for the movie. Still hyped, especially when hearing this isn't just a quick cash grab but that the director actually worked long on this.

i don't know guys, I honestly can't think of anything cooler than an even older more grizzled Mel than in Thunderdome, I mean how could that not be awesome. And don't give me that spiel about how crazy he is or racist he is, Transformers fucking 4 stars as it's main character a convicted attempted murder who almost beat a vietnamese man to death while yelling gook at him, how is Mark Wahlberg seen as a bankable star after that? PS: mike tyson is also a convicted rapist, who now has a comedy cartoon show on Adult Swim, nobody seems to give a fuck

great points, i've never understood how marky mark still got to be a hollywood golden boy after reading about that story. the mike tyson thing is also pretty fuckin crazy. not only the rape thing but jesus, look at some of the utterly insane fucked up shit he has said in plain view of however many cameras being pointed right at him. he told some girl interviewing him something to the effect of that she wasn't worthy to interview him because he doesn't talk to females unless he's fucked them (actually among the least of the crazy shit he's said) or something along that lines, and he's been in how many movies and tv shows? serious double standards going on out there.
Mark Wahlberg was a well known drug dealer in his boston neighborhood, he and his brothers were basically thugs before NKOTB discovered Donny and pulled that poor family out of the dirt.

I agree having a super grizzled Gibson has Max would have been pretty bad-ass, but that isn't going to stop me from seeing and enjoying it. The Mad Max movies are easily some of my favorite movies of all time. I'll admit some of these remakes/reboots of late have been pretty bad, but this doesn't seem to scratch the surface of how bad it could be...and you've go the original director...so you know (hope) that he will go to bat for his vision rather than caving into the singular goal of making a box office smash.

Mark Wahlberg was a well known drug dealer in his boston neighborhood, he and his brothers were basically thugs before NKOTB discovered Donny and pulled that poor family out of the dirt.
shit, Danny Trejo is a convicted murderer & it hasn't hurt his career.

vietnam fucking shits

I'm not super fond of Mel, though. I've only ever enjoyed him as Max. I don't think he embodies Max, rather he was privileged to be the one to take the role. so I'm not fussed that the role has now gone to someone younger and fresher (though perhaps Mel playing an aging, grizzled Max would've been cool).

I'm pretty fond of Tom Hardon.

He was already aged and grizzled in Beyond Thunderdome, so no thanks - ancient Indiana Jones left a bad taste in my mouth. Can't wait for geriatric Han Solo.

When watching the trailer, I thought Mel Gibson would be pretty badass. Cuz the desert... that shit takes its toll. On your mind and your skin. And I thought it could be so badass to have an actual crazy person such as Mel Gibson, in such a film, who just goes fucking so hardcore cuz he gets all coked up and acts from his heart, desperately trying to be an actor again.

All I know is that the Mad Max world is low on resources, so there's no fucking way that the only thing of abundance is facial wipes, moisturizer, and toothpaste+brushes.

Mel's career is over - nobody will take him seriously anymore, and he's too old to be an action star.

vietnam fucking shits

Keep your racist comments to yourself, thanks.

now, I said that I'm quite looking forward to this...

I remember Prometheus...

Still loved Prometheus - was it the best movie made? Nope. Was it fun? Yep.

watched the trailer again with my brother, his negativity about the thing grounded me. I think it looks pretty but as he said not very 'grounded', earthy, very 'hollywoody'. we'll see though, how disappointing this thing ends up being.

vietnam fucking shits

Keep your racist comments to yourself, thanks.

At 15, Mark Wahlberg harassed a group of African American school children on a field trip by throwing rocks (causing injuries) and shouting racial epithets. When he was 16, Wahlberg approached a middle-aged Vietnamese man on the street and, using a large wooden stick, knocked him unconscious (while calling him “Vietnam fucking shit”), he also attacked another Vietnamese man, leaving him permanently blind in one eye, and attacked a security guard (again using racist language).

Commenting in 2006 on his past crimes, Wahlberg has stated: “I did a lot of things that I regretted and I have certainly paid for my mistakes.” He said the right thing to do would be to try to find the blinded man and make amends, and admitted he has not done so, but added that he was no longer burdened by guilt. Source: Wikipedia

and didnt you put swastikas all over your cds?

`

now, I said that I'm quite looking forward to this...

I remember Prometheus...

Still loved Prometheus - was it the best movie made? Nope. Was it fun? Yep.

I dunno, I guess I'm one of those nit-picking bastards...the film had too many issues for it to be fun for me.

I'm still gonna go see this at the cinema though, and I'm going to try and see it in IMAX 2D if there's a cinema screening it in that version locally.

Archived