IGNORED

Mad Max: Fury Road

Rubin Farr

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't know guys, I honestly can't think of anything cooler than an even older more grizzled Mel than in Thunderdome, I mean how could that not be awesome. And don't give me that spiel about how crazy he is or racist he is, Transformers fucking 4 stars as it's main character a convicted attempted murder who almost beat a vietnamese man to death while yelling gook at him, how is Mark Wahlberg seen as a bankable star after that? PS: mike tyson is also a convicted rapist, who now has a comedy cartoon show on Adult Swim, nobody seems to give a fuck

vietnam fucking shits

Keep your racist comments to yourself, thanks.

At 15, Mark Wahlberg harassed a group of African American school children on a field trip by throwing rocks (causing injuries) and shouting racial epithets. When he was 16, Wahlberg approached a middle-aged Vietnamese man on the street and, using a large wooden stick, knocked him unconscious (while calling him “Vietnam fucking shit”), he also attacked another Vietnamese man, leaving him permanently blind in one eye, and attacked a security guard (again using racist language).

Commenting in 2006 on his past crimes, Wahlberg has stated: “I did a lot of things that I regretted and I have certainly paid for my mistakes.” He said the right thing to do would be to try to find the blinded man and make amends, and admitted he has not done so, but added that he was no longer burdened by guilt. Source: Wikipedia

and didnt you put swastikas all over your cds?

Had you put that with your comment, then perhaps we would have understood what the FUCK you were referring to.

Also, I didn't design that font - and FWIW, that symbol is an Native American peace symbol - the Nazis reversed it and tilted it at an angle for their logo. Do some research before you open your fucking gob, dumbass.

i don't know guys, I honestly can't think of anything cooler than an even older more grizzled Mel than in Thunderdome, I mean how could that not be awesome. And don't give me that spiel about how crazy he is or racist he is, Transformers fucking 4 stars as it's main character a convicted attempted murder who almost beat a vietnamese man to death while yelling gook at him, how is Mark Wahlberg seen as a bankable star after that? PS: mike tyson is also a convicted rapist, who now has a comedy cartoon show on Adult Swim, nobody seems to give a fuck

vietnam fucking shits

Keep your racist comments to yourself, thanks.

At 15, Mark Wahlberg harassed a group of African American school children on a field trip by throwing rocks (causing injuries) and shouting racial epithets. When he was 16, Wahlberg approached a middle-aged Vietnamese man on the street and, using a large wooden stick, knocked him unconscious (while calling him Vietnam fucking shit), he also attacked another Vietnamese man, leaving him permanently blind in one eye, and attacked a security guard (again using racist language).

Commenting in 2006 on his past crimes, Wahlberg has stated: I did a lot of things that I regretted and I have certainly paid for my mistakes. He said the right thing to do would be to try to find the blinded man and make amends, and admitted he has not done so, but added that he was no longer burdened by guilt. Source: Wikipedia

and didnt you put swastikas all over your cds?

Had you put that with your comment, then perhaps we would have understood what the FUCK you were referring to.

Also, I didn't design that font - and FWIW, that symbol is an Native American peace symbol - the Nazis reversed it and tilted it at an angle for their logo. Do some research before you open your fucking gob, dumbass.

Manwoman has been using "his" body as a canvas to educate people about the misappropriation of the swastika symbol for over 30 years. Yes it is a shame what the Nazis did to that.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/manwoman-is-taking-back-the-swastika

i thought it was like buddhist or something, not native american. plus i think the nazi version isn't just reversed but also has the cross at a vertical/horizontal angle where the other one was diagonal. not sure on that

anyway, i already have like 5 hope pts put on the hercules movie being ok in spite of 95% certainty it won't, so if i put 5 pts of hope on this new mad max i'll be spread pretty thin and setting myself up for too much disappointment

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

The first one is my favourite Mad Max. I know a lot of people favour MM2 (AKA The Road Warrior), but for me the first one is real gritty stuff. The fact it was shot on a shoestring not only shows, but adds greatly to the atmosphere

Yeah same here. As perfect as the second film is, the first one just has this really grim atmosphere to it. The way people are desperately trying to hold on to the way things were before and are slowly losing their minds in the process, it's really subtle but adds massive amounts of depth.

Watched the trailer for this new film a few times now... there's just nothing in there we haven't seen before in the other films. Except this time it's got shitloads of CGI smeared all over it. Brilliant. Add to that the fact that this thing has been in development hell for so long I dread to think how many compromises have been made along the way in order to secure funding for it. Plus after Prometheus I don't have any faith in anything anymore. Not getting my hopes up for this

I put in part one yesterday, man some of the 70s Smokey & the Bandit stunts are LOLriffic, amazing to see how far George Miller has come.

Btw Fury Road was filmed in Namibia, the first MM not to be filmed in New South Wales.

Watched the trailer for this new film a few times now... there's just nothing in there we haven't seen before in the other films. Except this time it's got shitloads of CGI smeared all over it. Brilliant.

what shitloads of CGI? the stunts will all be real, I'm anticipating. it's not Miller's style to CGI the stunts. the only bit of CGI I noticed in there was the massive dust-storm. and the two-headed gecko.

stunts, dickhead. as in car stunts in live-action movies, like in the previous Mad Max films. not entirely computer-generated animated movies.

In modern times, I feel nutzo stunts are mostly useful to showcase a specific talent (like old school Jackie Chan, Tony Jaa, etc.). In the 80's, films used to have MOTHERFUCKING CRAAAAAAAZY stunts, like people jumping out of planes and hanging from helicopters and jumping out of cars and shit, and at the time, it felt like, "WOW- this is amazing that this is a human who is insane, holy shit, film and people have come a long way." I used to watch that shit and it was as spine tingling as watching a circus act.

But now that such novelties have been around for like 50+ years, it seems ridiculous to put a life in danger to sell some thrills. General stunts-- ok- make sense. Get hit by car, or fall down stairs, or get kicked in the chest... But the kind of shit where two cars jump into each other off skyscraper roof ramps, and then there is a dude in the middle, and then that dude jumps out of the way a millisecond before impact, and then one of the cars is driven by a person who jumps out the window before impact, and then the dude who escaped from the middle and the car dude meet each other freefalling off the side of the building from 700 feet and hug, and only the middle dude has a parachute but he was a prisoner character so his hands are cuffed behind his back, so the car dude has to open the parachute with a 5 second grace period or they will both fall to their death-- naw, man..... naw. Fuck that shit. Nobody deserves to die so some extremely wealthy Hollywood execs can perpetuate their dicks getting sucked by imported women. NOBODY.

Though I do love practical effects and the usage of stuntmen in general.

Just yesterday for some reason I was reading again about the Twilight Zone film helicopter fuckup, that smash-killed a child, decapitated another child, and decapitated a man. Granted, that wasn't really a stunt, per se, but shit obviously went wrong. CGI can be a godsend.

• 4 months later...
Guest jasondonervan

To me, that is the best trailer for a film I've seen in years. Cannot wait until next summer.

My heart is still warmed by the fact that Hugh Keays-Byrne (Toecutter from the original) is in it, and that he looks this fucking badass

i7MXVhOPMIPL2.jpg

Archived