IGNORED

Mad Max: Fury Road

Rubin Farr

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some great comments in the Comic-Con vid, everything from saying they're "ripping off Borderlands" to blaming the left-wing agenda for the inclusion of female characters.

Movie looks dope as fuck, though. Can't wait.

I really hope this is as good as it looks - unlike Turdinator, this could be the come-back franchise next to Star Wars (although, to be fair, Mad Max never really was a "franchise" like Star Wars and Terminator are/were).

Guest jasondonervan

Still crazy that the original held the record of being the most profitable film for about 20 years. It was made for pennies, but took something like 100 million (US) dollars worldwide.

im not sure it's going to be anything special. Visually it looks great, it doesn't seem to be afraid to be whacky and weird but it just so far looks like a very high budget version of the final chase scene in Road Warrior and Thunderdome. It could have been an interesting 'in between' sequel to have an installment that shows what happened in between the original Mad Max and Road Warrior.

I am happy though that one of the most scary homoerotic character actors from the original mad max is playing the main baddie in this

yeah, i'm glad that he recognised that there is musical power to be found in operatic scores, and we don't have that cliché noise from the past 10 years or whatever it's been since inception. Was thinking that as i watched along with the fact that now i've watched all the key points in the film, which left me a little deflated.

Wow you guys like explosions too? Heh, I don't see the appeal, it's too fantasy/video-game like, the first is my favorite because it's wild but still grounded and the road chases were badass.

2pac's California Love looks better than this.

yeah it does definitely exist in that modern area with lots of CG stuff, but it looks like it has enough practical stuff and at least in the trailer the CG stuff seemed tastefully done (no CG robots or characters, just background stuff or maybe superimposing real things together), although yeah i do have doubts about that big storm and what exactly is going on with that and how ridiculous it may seem or look in the film...

and i agree that doing stuff a more straight up lo-tech way could have appeal too, but i guess the prob is they wouldnt bank on it having international ticket sale type of appeal anymore..

im not sure it's going to be anything special. Visually it looks great, it doesn't seem to be afraid to be whacky and weird but it just so far looks like a very high budget version of the final chase scene in Road Warrior and Thunderdome. It could have been an interesting 'in between' sequel to have an installment that shows what happened in between the original Mad Max and Road Warrior.

I am happy though that one of the most scary homoerotic character actors from the original mad max is playing the main baddie in this

To be fair, they've only shown a battle in the desert - I'm sure there is more to the movie than that.

To be fair, they've only shown a battle in the desert - I'm sure there is more to the movie than that.

from what i've read it appears most of the movie is centered around an epic chase scene

here is from wikipedia

He wanted the film to be almost a continuous chase, with relatively little dialogue, and to have the visuals come first.[21] Paraphrasing Hitchcock, Miller said that he wanted the film to be understood in Japan without the use of subtitles.[22]

Guest jasondonervan

Oh what a delight, teal and orange throughout the whole movie.

Kinda makes sense for a post-apocalyptic desert wasteland tho

Archived