IGNORED

Mad Max: Fury Road

Rubin Farr

gotta say the trailer was pretty cool. we also watched it right after the genisys trailer which made it seem even better.

Anything is better after watching the Genisys trailer.

I might watch it again later while I sit in the waiting room at the dentists.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I hate myself for wanting to see a hollywood reboot so bad.

It's the same writer/director as the original

that doesn't mean it will be good. remember haneke's remake of funny games?

what was wrong with that? it was a shot for shot remake.

I'm going to the premiere of this tomorrow night. EXCOITED.

Guest bitroast

looks more batman arkham city + tomb raider reboot. umm. not exactly what i had in mind from previous demos and teasers. will wait for some reviews to come out to gauge opinions but atm my enthusiasm has just dropped. oh well ^^

at least fallout 4 rumours are back in full swing to make for it ^^

what was the point of remaking something if nothing new will be added? couldn't they have just saved the money and effort and re-released the original in theaters?

what was the point of remaking something if nothing new will be added? couldn't they have just saved the money and effort and re-released the original in theaters?

yeah, when you watch the original and realise how identical the remake is, you do question the point of it. but that doesn't mean it's a bad movie. the newer FG was the first one I watched and I thought it was a great movie. whether or not it's a near carbon-copy of a previous movie doesn't make it bad, necessarily.

bad would've been if Michael Bay had redone it with more 'splosions. y'know?

Hey guyth.... GUYTH.

Apparently this shit is epic, yo. Which actually prolly means, "Actually not bad~"

stuckmann is that you?

btw: now i want to watch this movie and i didn't want to before (hype is contagious)

Hey guyth.... GUYTH.

Apparently this shit is epic, yo. Which actually prolly means, "Actually not bad~"

stuckmann is that you?

btw: now i want to watch this movie and i didn't want to before (hype is contagious)

Yah, that's the review I was basing my pointlessness on. I figure it's kind of like wondering about Squarepusher's new album without hearing it, yet knowing that it's a mix of old and new-- so not gon' please urrr'wan.

I don't know, had no desire to see this, but 98% rotten tomatoes score, some saying it's one of the best action movies ever made, & the score is supposed to be pretty tight. I might bye into the hype.

I wanted to go and see it this evening with my mates, since movies always come out on wednesdays here. But it turns out it's released tomorrow and most of my friends will be off because public holiday. Fug.

I just got out of this. SEE IT.

can you provide a little review usagi? Like...how awesome was this shiz?

I just got out of this. SEE IT.

can you provide a little review usagi? Like...how awesome was this shiz?

dude. this movie has pretty much ended car chases for me, in the same way that Go Plastic ended d'n'b and jungle for me. which is to say that, while you could continue to enjoy and appreciate other stuff you discover after this, a new high-mark has been set which will take a lot to surpass.

out of the approx 2 hours, at least 70-80% was chase. this movie is on wheels nearly the whole time. it made 2 hours seem like 1 hour. it's Road Warrior cranked up to 11. as a relatively new revhead, I came out of this with a huge smile on my face. there was lore aplenty as well, but only hinted at or in little bits and pieces, requiring a sharp eye to pick up.

two gigantic boners up.

Might go see this with all the good reviews...and it has also apparently made some MRA's all bothered because the women have agency and not enough Mad Max..boohoo.

yeah, fuck that. the story is definitely driven forward less solely by Max and more by the group together, but not in a bad way at all.

Archived