IGNORED

The Ass Wars of Hip Hop

Rubin Farr

• 4 weeks later...

"“Now closed. Next to the Admiral theater in Chicago. For the record. A small shop with crumpled magazines on only one wall, booths opposite that and empty hand made video boxes everywhere else including under the slightly raised counter where one of only, always, two old scumbags used to sit and moan. An old man’s pit. Again. That I want to talk about. Again.”

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2024 at 3:48 AM, Nebraska said:

dope. wonder if ATL strip clubs really are that lit or if it's all cap

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Any time somebody says skirt in a rap song, I’m immediately here 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

fairly nsfw 

Hide contents

Absolutely disgusting. America is a rotting hell.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 5/15/2024 at 11:25 AM, logakght said:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

yeah exactly... what's the american obsession with big, stinky asses?

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, logakght said:

yeah exactly... what's the american obsession with big, stinky asses?

The female buttocks have been a symbol of fertility and beauty since early human history. Statues created as early as 24,000 BC, such as the Venus of Willendorf, have exaggerated buttocks, hips, and thighs.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_history_of_the_buttocks

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/15/2024 at 9:25 PM, logakght said:

No mate it's awesome. But yea u.s is rotting in hell but not cause of this. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, xox said:

I know its this guys whole thing but fuck it who cares...the whole disappointed dad viewpoint is a bit on the nose boomerfied....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I always imagine rappers with flashy outfits talking about bitches and whatnot to have the most dysfunctional relationships ever. Like they're trying to communicate something and it's just shouting, swear words, drama. Why else would they rap about this shit it's so uninspired. My favorites are still MF Doom and Earl Sweatshirt:mu-ziq:

Edited by chronical
  • Like 2

On 8/8/2014 at 11:22 PM, xox said:

btw...who's the autechre of hiphop? (as in really genius, not kanye wast type 'genius')

this always struck me as avant-garde in voice and poetry:

Here''s an article from a few years ago about rappers sorted by size of vocabulary:

https://pudding.cool/projects/vocabulary/index.html

At the top end you've got Wu-Tang and some of the solos from Wu-Tang and then MF Doom, Jedi Mind Tricks, Busdriver and at the very top of the vocabulary pile Aesop Rock

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2014 at 6:22 PM, xox said:

btw...who's the autechre of hiphop? (as in really genius, not kanye wast type 'genius')

From Resident Advisor's long form interview when elseq came out:

Sean: But no, there is a list of MCs I'd work with. I don't want to start on it because then it's insulting to name one and not all the others. It's a fair old list. There's at least five or six that we'd 100% work with if they approached us, and a bunch of other interesting ones. Just lately I've been listening to a lot of Westside Gunn. He's from Buffalo NY, and it's really thugged out but really brainy at the same time. It's quite Ghostface, he's obviously really into Wu-Tang, but it's a lot slower, and stylised and weird and amazing to me. I'd work with him in a heartbeat, but I don't think he'd go near us—he's just from another world, and I think his music probably sounds a lot better without my input anyway. Roc Marciano—he's another one, he's fucking amazing but I'd probably ruin it. Ahhh, see I'm doing it already, see what I mean? I'd work with Jean Grae in an instant, too. She's incredible, she's a little bit hipster now—just in terms of her audience, not as a person—but her flow is the best in the world, she doesn't get nearly enough credit. There's a few others.

• Thanks 1

I like the sexxy red stuff

The autechre of hiphop lol? I'd say the alchemist makes my fav instrumentals 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

The autechre of hiphop lol?

Megan Thee Stallion, obviously.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2