IGNORED

WATMM TOKYO MEETUP 2014?!

modey

I'll be in Tokyo from the 25th of September, for 12 days or so.

Mostly going for Square Sounds chiptune festival:

ss_weblogo.png

(it's the replacement of the Blip festival if anyone knows that)

.. but will have a lot of time to do other things, so I figured if any of you WATMMers are up for having a drink somewhere, or being my tour guide/gig buddy, it would be pretty good. I've never actually been overseas before so I'm kinda shitting myself over how I'm gonna get around without knowing any Japanese, zole.

I think you'll be pretty safe language-wise in Japan. you could probably just blag your way through with some Engrish. or you could buy a phrasebook. or you could have peace7 interpret for you :cisfor: but he will probably translate your requests for the nearest toilet into "I enjoy futanari hentai" or something.

I'm going to Italy in October for a friend's wedding and I've started a short Italian course. it's pretty fun. this'll be my first trip overseas by myself, I've only ever been with other people before. I'm going to rent a (motor)bike while I'm there and ride around the country.

anyway, on-topic: have fun, mayne.

I think you'll be pretty safe language-wise in Japan. you could probably just blag your way through with some Engrish. or you could buy a phrasebook. or you could have peace7 interpret for you :cisfor: but he will probably translate your requests for the nearest toilet into "I enjoy futanari hentai" or something.

I'm going to Italy in October for a friend's wedding and I've started a short Italian course. it's pretty fun. this'll be my first trip overseas by myself, I've only ever been with other people before. I'm going to rent a (motor)bike while I'm there and ride around the country.

anyway, on-topic: have fun, mayne.

yeah tbh I'm hoping for some amazing adventures with peace7

.. and yeah, not sure why I decided to make my first overseas adventure a solo one, but some other chip d00ds will be heading along too, so I guess I can hit them up as well!

Yo modey! Waddup. I just saw this thread now, when searching for an appropriate thread to post a story of when I shit and pissed my pants various times and a boat ting (will prolly make new thread when I have more time...).

Anyway- yah, let's chill in Tokyoz if you're up for it. I'll prolly be around. Worst case scenario would be just standing on the side of the road with me at 3 AM, silent for 45 min, sober-- and then we high five and go home.

If we make masks now, we can switch places, so you stay here and I go to Australia. Speaking of which- so $10 MDMA tabs there? If I PayPal you $5,000+ right now, can your rectum fit 500 pressed tablets in a balloon?

Also- you got inz on the electronic scene here? You doing a gig?

Last year I live'd this (and did poster), which was an event setup by hardoff of braindance forum (delet knows him...):

sukebenomics-edit.jpg

Cuz if forces are combined, perhaps something cool could happen. Nah I dunno- or maybe I'm just thinking of ways to get rid of 500 tabs in 5 hours. Or perhaps get in free to your gig with free drinks, for doing a poster.

Something,

I dunno. Lemme know waddup.

Nah I'm not playing a gig; I might have a spot at the open mic section of the pre-party for Square Sounds though, so you'll get to hear 7 minutes of my music!

Actually 45mins of sober 3am highfive-capped silence was what I had in mind. My 'metric buttload' probably wouldn't fit 500 tablets though.

I would actually love to play a set somewhere while I'm there. I'll keep diggin' and let you know if something happens!

"I was flown to Tokyo and played 7 minutes... Yyyeah- being an electronic musician is all right. I guess it helps to be high in demand, though! *chuckle*" - the line used on every girl under 25.

Might checkitout. Weird how chiptune stuff has a lot of "foreigners" in Japan.

Anyway- we do sumsing, prolly. SUMSING! ...I'm feeling potential stuffs brewing..... Let's see waddup. I think Traxman is still here. I missed. But maybe someone like that will be here, then bada boom bada bing..... SUMSING.

Yeah, I'd recommend it! It's not all chiptune but there is a large amount of chip stuff on the lineup. If it's anything like the Melbourne shows it'll be amazing.

Guest bitroast

Nah ctrix is playing in melb on the same weekend though! At an equally huge chip related gig.

ah not the response I was expecting but a pretty good response nonetheless. i'll not derail this thread any further ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Aww- sucks you won't be here for Syro release day. I thought I could film a shitty mini-documentary of a WATMM Tokyo meetup, where we go to Tower Records in Shibuya to purchase Syro. Like hang out in the front until it opens, to ensure getting the limited poster booklet and special packaging.

• 3 weeks later...

This just in! It seems I am indeed playing a full live set in Tokyo for the closing party of the chip festival (I think the 29th september? will confirm soon).

Aaargh getting close now

tumblr_lqx85siK031qdezf9o1_500.gif

Guest bitroast

This just in! It seems I am indeed playing a full live set in Tokyo for the closing party of the chip festival (I think the 29th september? will confirm soon).

Aaargh getting close now

yess nice one!!

• 1 year later...

it was great! I played in a tiny underground bar (sabaco in waseda) to mostly japanese and dutch people, dropped some of my dnb stuff and people loved it.

I went back last year as well and played 3 gigs—one in tokyo, one in osaka and one in kyoto. Lots of fun!

What dates are you gonna be there? I'm not going to Japan this year but the chip festival is on around mid-September every year, this time around the 11th I think.. if you're into that kind of thing..

Archived