The Meters

Berk

• 6 years later...

^ definitely. Delvon Lamarr is legit. their first album is great too.

I'm always on the look out for a good jazz/funk instrumental band, especially organ trio's. I lived in south Louisiana back in the late '90s, used to go to New Orleans a bunch for shows. got into this sound since this stuff is everywhere in that town.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lane Visitor
      Mac Gollehon and the Hispanic Mechanics ...

Jazz legend Mac Gollehon's new project of funk-infused latin jazz/salsa with tinges of electronica and dance out, now via NYC's True Groove Records imprint:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/mac-gollehon-hispanic-mechanics/id1096431025

Mac played lead trumpet on over 500 gold/platinum records. His trumpet playing has been a key element of the defining hook riffs and lines on the new wave/80's pop mega-hits we've grown up with--namely David Bowie's Let's Dance and Duran Duran's Notorious. He's also featured on hits by Chic (Nile Rogers), Grace Jones, Blondie, and so many more. As for jazz, he's played on countless records, and was nicknamed "Chops" by Miles Davis.  
      Charting now, debuting on CMJ's Top 40 Jazz Charts, with spins on KEXP, coverage by Huffington Post / All About Jazz, etc.

First single's video for lead off track "No More Drama":

Here's one of my two official remixes I personally had the honor of producing that's included on the album: "Obscuridad (David Ben Jack Remix)
      ...A tripped out loungey downtempo interpretation of one of the tracks:

• By cygnus
      "199X"

https://cygnusat.bandcamp.com/album/199x

8 TRACKS DIGITAL ALBUM
      MASTERED BY COMPUTER CLUB IN SHEFFIELD, UNITED KINGDOM
      RELEASED 7.6.2015

• By delet...
      Purpose of this thread is to consolidate the very few and disparate threads on the topic, DMH having a thread with 1 post for example, i shall endeavour to do that at some point if it contains a point and it conforms to the backbeat.

• By Cheladrix
      I know this is probably not a record that's going to be huge on here. But there might be a few fans. And these guys are so laid back that they don't really promote their records. So I figured I'd post on here in case anyone hadn't realised it was out.

You can preview on Sound Clud if you want, but I wouldn't bother, just buy it. The production on this album is amazing, and SC resolution just wouldn't cut it. I listened to it the first time driving a rental car that I just picked up, and I thought 'Man, this car has an incredible sound system for a rental.' But then I listened to a different cd and I realised it was the album and not the car that was incredible.

You can get signed copies with a bonus mix cd from their web store.

http://crazyp.tmstor.es

Was really fast from the UK to US. Wish they'd tour North America, you never know.

They really don't sound too much like anyone else on here, I love how they'll have songs that suddenly get all cinematic and dark without warning.
    • By QBLA
      Mothership Collective - All Nigga Radio

Bonding Tapes is pleased to announce the anticipated release of The Mothership Collective's debut album All Nigga Radio. This tape takes the listener on a Funky Voyage with a late night radio broadcast twists. Includes various forms of music like Hip Hop, Funk, Reggae, and also includes commercials, interview snippets and disc jockey ramblings. All Nigga Radio is dedicated to satire and sarcasm and invites the listener to feel the vibes of the music and to view the artwork not for it's original intent, but for how the context is presented. Taking the power away from the original propaganda and incorporating it into our every day lives. The album is available for free or pay what you want download, or on limited edition cassette.

Side A
      Station ID (DJ Supanigga)
      Nigga Summer (The Funky 7)
      This Shit Right Here (The Funky 7 Theme song, Tall nigga mix)
      Nigga Snare Beat (The Mothership)
      We Don't give a Fuck Nigga (Rondell (featuring Henry Willis on drums)
      Nigga Rock Commercial (Ram Co)
      Niggas Comming To Get Ya (The Mothership)
      Nigga Control (The Mothership)
      Nigganomitry (The Mothership)
      Interview With Conart (Ash Hudson interviewed by Lukecage DTLA)
      Nigga Archeologist (George Clinton)
      Crazy (RAS) Gedion Commercial
      Station ID (DJ That Nigga and The Weed Man)
      Nothing (Corn Row & Dukey Braid)
      Let the Funk (Lukecage and Dwight Trible)
      Loose Change (nigga mix The Mothership)
      Stomp Down Nigga Beat (The Mothership)
      Candy Pimp (JSwift/Lukecage)

Side B
      Warfare Niggas (The Mothership)
      Slide Nigga (Rondell)
      Station ID (DJ Supanigga)
      Suspect Niggas (Lukecage/Dwight Trible)
      The Party (Nigga Mix)
      Getcha’ Own Dick Nigga (Henry Willis)
      Interview (Chuck De La Chuck and Laura Jane)
      Abazantium (The Mothership)
      UPK (’Sup Nigga Mix)
      Station ID ( DJ That Nigga) Late Night Nigga Radio
      Concrete Soul (The Mothership)
      SuperNiggaGlue (The Mothership)
      I Just Wanna Shine Nigga! ( the Mothership)
      Station ID
      Its Tha Weed! (The Weed Man)
      Candy Pimp (JSwift/Lukecage)
      Answering machine (The Funky 7)
      Gangsta Titties (Rondell)