IGNORED

some of my stuff

saltykraut

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listened to Chobra, very interesting track. Some really sweet sounds, bassline is solid and gives it a menacing atmosphere. The synths are subtle and work beautifully. Although it doesn't quite climax at the end, still a great listening experience.

nice organic sounddesign, nice use of space, interesting development and arrangement !

^this, besides some minor leveling irritations (frequencies suddenly jumping in volume, loudness) and lack of real (sub) bass, good stuff!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest colonelchibbers

Chobra: Whoa, weird tube suckage type of vibes. Could've easily gotten boring, but you developed it well.

Gar acid: Once the more melodic stuff comes in it's really fun and interesting. Like the spontaneous chaotic bits towards the middle where it feels like the percussion and synth meandering is sync'd up (or the percussion is a synth?). I like when anybody blurs the line between synth and percussion. Makes brains dance.

Resett: Somehow calm and frenetic at the same time.

Chobra: Whoa, weird tube suckage type of vibes. Could've easily gotten boring, but you developed it well.

Gar acid: Once the more melodic stuff comes in it's really fun and interesting. Like the spontaneous chaotic bits towards the middle where it feels like the percussion and synth meandering is sync'd up (or the percussion is a synth?). I like when anybody blurs the line between synth and percussion. Makes brains dance.

Resett: Somehow calm and frenetic at the same time.

Thank you for the kind words. subscribed to your page

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I didn't notice your music on the board before but it match my tastes pretty much! Great stuff. Will listen to more later. Did you release stuff already or do you plan to?

Hey thanks for the kind words. Yeah I would like to do some kind of release at some point. I guess I would want to have a common setup or theme for it and stick to it for a time. (i really should i have dumped enough money on gear in the last few years) I have a tascam tsr8 and fresh tape I bought a few years back collecting dust. would like to use that and get some jams recorded. I am listeneng to your current stuff on s.c. sounds great man. nice composition, production. whats the setup?

ah lol ,ok I just saw your guys page..http://www.royderats.com/en/

Deg-reed sound engineers. very cool. I was lucky enough to spend some time in Germany a few years ago. It was really surreal for me just how nice everything was. I mentioned kraftwerk to some random people they didn't know what I was talking about. ha

lol, this thing with Kraftwerk I experienced it a couple of times as well. I'm also not German and it was a funny thing to notice.

glad you also like my stuff. Setup depends on which track. I used to do a lot with software (Reaper + Renoise) and some hardware units used here and there (Korg ESX, Monotribe and Yamaha DX9). I started to gather more hardware in say the last past year and eventually switched to a full hardware setup (computer still there for recording). Presently, it's MPC500 sequencing Novation Bass Station 2, Yamaha TX81Z and CS1X ; and Electribe SX in sync for beats. Plus reverb and a delay from two friends. Great little setup, too bad I'm broke and can't switch the MPC500 with a 1000 but well I've been greedy enough lately and I've actually already a lot to experiment with.

what about your setup? according to you SC description I thought it would be also a mix between hard and software. I can totally relate with the thing of attempting to gather enough material made with a given setup for releasing. My productivity has been kinda disturbed by this studio project thing and now I have a lot of different stuff and also unfinished stuff on my drives. On the top of that I started to make those hardware tunes which sound very different from the computer ones. Well inspiration is very good lately so if I continue I should have enough at some point.

good luck to you, I'll stay tuned to your soundcloud ;)

Thanks! I have a mackie firewire mixer, a few different drum machines and hardware synths. I have used reason for 11 years or so.started using reaper to use plugins and start getting out of reason for something different. I have renoise but have not scratched the surface yet, looking forward to that. I would like to start messing around with more outboard stuff compression, reverb etc, maybe some more pedals. I like to mess around with different arp plugins and apps(ipad). I enjoy the learning process in it all. My job is pretty boring and this gives me a chance to use my brain at home, or, maybe I am frying it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived