Sign in to follow this  
saltykraut

some of my stuff

I can't remember at the moment. something with free running lfos and a lot of mod matrix tweaks so that the sound changes over time.

https://soundcloud.com/cv7/8core-h

got a new comp,   making sure all my shit works

this is dope!!! really diggin it! really nasty/dark chords a la richard... can you give any insight on that?

i guess i would like it better if there wasn't so much happening at the same time, the droning phasing hi-hats kind of turn me off, i would prefer snappy minimal ones... to kind of feel the space in between, the bassline maybe one octave down and a 303, i guess it's a 303 but there's a distortion fx or something... i'm just being picky because i like the composition a lot! great track :thumbsup:

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

got a new comp,   making sure all my shit works

this is dope!!! really diggin it! really nasty/dark chords a la richard... can you give any insight on that?

i guess i would like it better if there wasn't so much happening at the same time, the droning phasing hi-hats kind of turn me off, i would prefer snappy minimal ones... to kind of feel the space in between, the bassline maybe one octave down and a 303, i guess it's a 303 but there's a distortion fx or something... i'm just being picky because i like the composition a lot! great track :thumbsup:

Thanks mike,  I would say mostly was experimenting with layering drums,  also using reaktor within reason ten.  Using both new synths in ten for all the synth sounds.  

Lots of variation in the rhythms there but not sure many beyond the initial one did much to move the track along. Bassline was catchy but was hoping for it to also sort of propel the track elsewhere. The plinky stuff going on throughout works well, detuned synths didn't really do much to help the track...seems more of a sketch altogether, I guess? Some good mixing and sounds though. And solid drum work for sure. :)

dusted off the tempest for a noodle

• Like 1