• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

https://soundcloud.com/cv7/8core-h

got a new comp,   making sure all my shit works

this is dope!!! really diggin it! really nasty/dark chords a la richard... can you give any insight on that?

i guess i would like it better if there wasn't so much happening at the same time, the droning phasing hi-hats kind of turn me off, i would prefer snappy minimal ones... to kind of feel the space in between, the bassline maybe one octave down and a 303, i guess it's a 303 but there's a distortion fx or something... i'm just being picky because i like the composition a lot! great track :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

got a new comp,   making sure all my shit works

this is dope!!! really diggin it! really nasty/dark chords a la richard... can you give any insight on that?

i guess i would like it better if there wasn't so much happening at the same time, the droning phasing hi-hats kind of turn me off, i would prefer snappy minimal ones... to kind of feel the space in between, the bassline maybe one octave down and a 303, i guess it's a 303 but there's a distortion fx or something... i'm just being picky because i like the composition a lot! great track :thumbsup:

Thanks mike,  I would say mostly was experimenting with layering drums,  also using reaktor within reason ten.  Using both new synths in ten for all the synth sounds.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Lots of variation in the rhythms there but not sure many beyond the initial one did much to move the track along. Bassline was catchy but was hoping for it to also sort of propel the track elsewhere. The plinky stuff going on throughout works well, detuned synths didn't really do much to help the track...seems more of a sketch altogether, I guess? Some good mixing and sounds though. And solid drum work for sure. :)

• 1 year later...

Archived