IGNORED

I've Been Asked To Speak at SXSW 2015 About The CAT023 Kickstarter

Joyrex

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the chris anderson mask idea was a nice one. but i wanna see what he looks like /boo hoo hoo :cry:

craig?

this thread delivered lolz!

well done joyrex - sounds like a great opportunity and obviously it's well deserved.

kickstarter was really convenient in the process - facilitating payments and stuff, but in the first few days or whatever it was clear that this was going to happen irrespective of kickstarter. it was joyrex, the forum and fans who facilitated CW being released, not kickstarter.

i guess i worry about kickstarter 'claiming' the CW release for themselves and them taking soundbytes from this event for their marketing and promotion, so I guess it's important to make sure you attribute things properly.

That's absolutely true - had I just did it as PayPal here on WATMM, I'm sure it would have attracted just as much media attention and been just as successful. The majority of backers came from external sources (see attached screenshot), so Kickstarter itself didn't contribute significantly to the campaign. I think their angle is that Kickstarter can be used for things like this, and it works - nothing wrong with promoting their service at all.

CAT023 Caustic Window   Own The Legendary Record by RDJ  by James E. Thomas » Dashboard — Kickstarter.png

That's absolutely true - had I just did it as PayPal here on WATMM, I'm sure it would have attracted just as much media attention and been just as successful. The majority of backers came from external sources (see attached screenshot), so Kickstarter itself didn't contribute significantly to the campaign. I think their angle is that Kickstarter can be used for things like this, and it works - nothing wrong with promoting their service at all.

attachicon.gifCAT023 Caustic Window Own The Legendary Record by RDJ by James E. Thomas » Dashboard — Kickstarter.png

Should I know what theverge.com is?

attachicon.gifCAT023 Caustic Window Own The Legendary Record by RDJ by James E. Thomas » Dashboard — Kickstarter.png

Should I know what theverge.com is?

it's a tech 'news' site

Joyrex, I have little doubt you'll ace it. As a fellow 'mature' WATMMer, I've found that with age comes a loss of inhibition toward public speaking. Same with my urine continence.

It's true about the public speaking thing. I really like how you develop a really not giving a fuck attitude. Was specially nice for me considering the anxiety issues that i used to have. I think part of it is because you are mature enough to know better for various reasons, but a large part is also that so many people are now younger than you and they don't deserve your consideration or respect, why would you be intimidated by these pointless shadow people, the little fucks should get off of my lawn !! heh.

Joyrex, I have little doubt you'll ace it. As a fellow 'mature' WATMMer, I've found that with age comes a loss of inhibition toward public speaking. Same with my urine continence.

Yeah, with age does come a bit of wisdom (not much), and simply not giving a goddamn anymore!

Thanks to everyone who has voted so far - hopefully we'll get picked to speak - it might be fun to actually meet some of you!

It's true about the public speaking thing. I really like how you develop a really not giving a fuck attitude. Was specially nice for me considering the anxiety issues that i used to have. I think part of it is because you are mature enough to know better for various reasons, but a large part is also that so many people are now younger than you and they don't deserve your consideration or respect, why would you be intimidated by these pointless shadow people, the little fucks should get off of my lawn !! heh.

Since it will be a Q&A type of thing, I don't think I'll have too much of a problem speaking casually - I guess I'll wear a SYRO tee shirt with an Aphex Twin mask :emotawesomepm9:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived