IGNORED

Autechre live 2014

jhonny

A review from the Polish internet: http://www.nowamuzyka.pl/2014/09/22/warp25-na-sacrum-profanum/

It loosely translates into:

Autechre
A completely different atmosphere during the Autechre's concert. The lights went out and this complete darkness was struck with great power-industrial sounds of tectonic proportions. The first part of the duo's performance was of highly abstract nature - recalling that its members are devotees of musique concrete. Second - surprised and took a turn towards deformed hip-hop, bringing a little more melody and rhythm into digital preparations of Rob Brown and Sean Booth.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ECLIPSIS PLS!

Sean pls. Waiting for a reply.

How do you and Rob feel about live gigs being bootlegged and made available online, such as with the handful of soundboard recordings from the Untilted tour…is this something that pisses you off or do you take a positive view towards it?

That’s great, we wouldn’t ever charge for them. It’s a two-way subjective process playing live. If you’re not there, you’re missing out on half of it anyway. I mean it’s fair enough charging for the gig itself, but beyond that it’s a bit weird to make money off it. The quality of the bootlegs are usually proper snuff anyway, and I think that people who want to share and listen to that stuff on their on their own terms are aware that they weren’t there and are missed out on a lot of it. Obviously I prefer mic recordings as opposed to soundboard as you get the room…rather than being super dry. It’s all about using the room with us playing live. The bootleg thing is going to happen isn’t it?

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/30687-interview-with-sean-booth/

There's your reply.

Eclipsis pls, you're killing me here

Ha ha, it sounds completely different to what I heard that night. That is the exact thing I was talking about. The actual output is completely different to the live experience. Thanks for sharing these.

EDIT: And it sounds great music-wise. Shame I was not able to hear it like that on the spot...

Wait a second.

So you are telling me, that a phone recording of the output of the PA that sounded bad in your opinion sounds alright?

No. The phone recording filters out the excessive bass that was masking the rest of the music in similar spectrum. It is not ideal but the actual rhythmic composition can be heard. Even a faint kick drum clue in the phone recording does a big difference in the context of the music.

Guys, I've got Sean's permission now. Let me just work on the mastering for a bit and I'll share it tomorrow. Mkay?

Excellent. Just don't over-master it ;-)

Guys, I've got Sean's permission now. Let me just work on the mastering for a bit and I'll share it tomorrow. Mkay?

share both the mastered and unmastered versions pls

Agreed.

Agreed.

or even better, share the unmastered now NOW

computer_key_F5.png

It's gonna be loud. This material needs it.

Now I am really sorry that I haven't bring my Sony D50 recorder to the show...

I recorded it with Tascam DR-05.

Mastered soon-ish. Unmastered tomorrow if anyone cares for inferior sound.

i'd like to have the unmastered version also, just in case i could master it better than you. still friends?

p.s. @ jev, you own the d50 and you left it at home?! *speechless*

Agreed.

or even better, share the unmastered now NOW

computer_key_F5.png

i'd like to have the unmastered version also, just in case i could master it better than you. still friends?

p.s. @ jev, you own the d50 and you left it at home?! *speechless*

Yeah, I thought I would enjoy the music better when not concentrating on recording it...

Turns out I should have at least record it and enjoy at home...

There is one thing you all forget about the whole quality discussion.

we have different ears. thats why some people wear earplugs like my girlfriend who left Ae after 10 Min. even with her Alpines !
I was near the speakers and had no problem at all. Either you like that "muddy sound" or not , simple but you cant say it was an error by them or the engineers.

its like criticizing a Jeep for beeing higher than a ferrari.

we have different ears. thats why some people wear earplugs like my girlfriend who left Ae after 10 Min. even with her Alpines !

I was near the speakers and had no problem at all. Either you like that "muddy sound" or not , simple but you cant say it was an error by them or the engineers.

Well, of course you can make everything relative like that. But you talk about sound colour. What you can't make relative is when some element of the music is not heard while it is actually there (the kick drum, the rhythm section).

Also, my girlfriend wanted to leave too, but because of the result of heat, loudness and headache. Not because of colour of sound. And she was bored too because she could not hear anything in it (she enjoyed LFO a bit and that is really something in her context).

Well, of course you can make everything relative like that. But you talk about sound colour. What you can't make relative is when some element of the music is not heard while it is actually there (the kick drum, the rhythm section).

Also, my girlfriend wanted to leave too, but because of the result of heat, loudness and headache. Not because of colour of sound. And she was bored too because she could not hear anything in it (she enjoyed LFO a bit and that is really something in her context).

maybe you guys should have popped a molly

160024.gif

This is me in excitement before the gig and then after first 10 seconds of listening to it...

160024.gif

This is me in excitement before the gig and then after first 10 seconds of listening to it...

we get your fucking point already

Archived