IGNORED

Autechre live 2014

jhonny

A few months ago I had a dream that Autechre were having a show in Olympic Park in downtown Atlanta. They walked on stage and for however long they just took turns telling really bad jokes, and in between each one played short cuts of stupid Christmas songs. I was really pissed afterward but the opening act played some really chill dub techno so I was okay with that.
I remember when I woke up I sleepily accepted that, if only it weren't for the travel and money, it might be okay if it were to really happen. I have better judgment unconcious than barely waking. Shit.
For CHATTMers, was there any word from Sean about North America?

That dream story is great, do you remember any of the jokes they told? I'm serious too, it's such a funny image I was wondering what your subconscious cooked up in that regard. I love that they played short clips of Christmas songs.

North American tour dates would be so awesome, wouldn't they?

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I can understand the reasons not to release any live show, by not giving "the best live show of each' last 3-4 tours" to the public, they a little hurt the potential for making more money, while probably keeping a little of their own sense of respect for their own creation.

It's a hard gamble between giving (aka = making money and paying your bills) and caring for their own result and the live atmosphere that is reserved only to people attending the show.

Ok, if AE don't make it to Amsterdam I'm seriously considering going to Belgium. It's a good deal because apparently the venue has a good rep this + it's on a friday. Everytime AE were in the Netherlands it was on a wednesday or thursday.

Ok, if AE don't make it to Amsterdam I'm seriously considering going to Belgium. It's a good deal because apparently the venue has a good rep this + it's on a friday. Everytime AE were in the Netherlands it was on a wednesday or thursday.

You're welcome in Belgium. :-)

The AB is really great. One of the best concert venues.

So I finally got the tickets for the Krakow gig. AE is my number one favourite "band" for years now and I haven't seen them live yet (there was a chance back in 2010 for me but for various reasons I couldn't attend the show).

Guest bitroast

jealous of everyone seeing them. only seen them once and I can safely say you will probably lose your shit at the show ^^

Pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if they'll be any Warp 25 live events outside of the Poland one already announced. Anyone heard anything about the possibility of this? Of course, ae live is more than enough for me to get excited about - Is there any particular connection between Warp and Krakow though?

Archived