IGNORED

Autechre live 2014

jhonny

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WNS000

jealous of everyone seeing them. only seen them once and I can safely say you will probably lose your shit at the show ^^

I am really worried about sound quality. If it sucks as 99% of gigs (recently Prefuse 73) I would be very disappointed. I am hoping for a non-deafening sound that can be listened to and enjoyed without wearing ear-plugs. From my life-time experience, I am prepared for the worst, though :-/

I need these chaps playin 'Burgh this year not Glasgow. Travel expenses have been killing me since '05. Art School gigs were the dogs nuts and i didn't mind travelling through for that level of bombastic amazingness. With a new live set these two punks will blow the roof off the Liquid Room.

Guest bitroast

jealous of everyone seeing them. only seen them once and I can safely say you will probably lose your shit at the show ^^

I am really worried about sound quality. If it sucks as 99% of gigs (recently Prefuse 73) I would be very disappointed. I am hoping for a non-deafening sound that can be listened to and enjoyed without wearing ear-plugs. From my life-time experience, I am prepared for the worst, though :-/

oh really????

when I saw ae it was LOUD. but I was also hanging back close to the sounddesk with intention having 'best sound'. (and it sounded great!! amazing/ etc.)

if I saw them again I would be more inclined to just say fukkit !!! and go upfront and have fun.

Just realized how big a bitch i sound moaning about Ae coming to me within a 40 mile radius when some of you guys are just hoping they visit you in your own continent.

Soz dawgz

I will IRL buy Rob & Sean a beer (EACH!) if they play somewhere in Los Angeles

edit: and if I can actually go around my work schedule

edit: offer expires soon

edit: beer must be at local bar or available at my local BevMo

edit: offer limited to two (2) pours of 500ml or less to be purchased and consumed on date of Los Angeles area show

edit: sean pls

edit: rob pls

edit: offer expired

I will IRL buy Rob & Sean a beer (EACH!) if they play somewhere in Los Angeles

edit: and if I can actually go around my work schedule

edit: offer expires soon

edit: beer must be at local bar or available at my local BevMo

edit: offer limited to two (2) pours of 500ml or less to be purchased and consumed on date of Los Angeles area show

edit: sean pls

edit: rob pls

edit: offer expired

They seem to like Stella's

BTW The Designers' Republic are printing a set of the Ae Live 2014 posters to sell on their website. Confirmed over at their Facebook page innit.

Oh damn. Want. Even if I cannot make it to one of the shows.

Was at a gig in Utrecht yesterday and they had just put up flyers for a festival in november:

http://leguesswho.nl/

Autechre playing with this really amazing line up... HAVE to go to this.

Damn! Imagine Einsturzende Neubauten and Autechre jamming together live...

Was at a gig in Utrecht yesterday and they had just put up flyers for a festival in november:

They're playing on differents days (choose Saturday in left corner menu), but i don't know what's so cool about it, EN is like dad's rock nowadays.

• 2 weeks later...

They're playing on differents days (choose Saturday in left corner menu), but i don't know what's so cool about it, EN is like dad's rock nowadays.

I believe they would still be able to go experimental and noisy as on the classic albums.

Hey guys, have a mate that's pulled out of the Poland trip for Warp25... Saturday night ticket is available... short notice I know but PM me if someone is looking for a ticket :)

Oh god bring on the bootlegs!

*excite*

Seriously!

When I saw the post about the art school show, my first thought was "good, some amazing bootleg will surface"

Basing this on pure conjecture. For all I know the best that will come will be some shitty phone recording

But fingers crossed since it doesn't look like they will be anywhere near the US yet again

Honestly, I really wish Sean and Rob would consider coming to the U.S. this time around. All that we in the US can really hope for is some shotty recording of the room ambience, people screaming, and a dull sounding Autechre. Or, take some days off work and pay a couple grand to go fly over to Europe to see them for a day or two(worth it, but no moneys). Please, pls... Give us a decent soundboard recording. Pls?

^ R&S value room recordings over soundboards when it comes to bootlegs of their live sets. I'm inclined to agree, provided the sound isn't too muddied up. the Melbourne Oversteps recording is a great example.

Have you read this note from The Designers Republic?

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152733528652214.1073741850.40856697213&type=3

"New TDR™ Autechre (æ) work.
Autechre are playing live dates for the first time in too long time.
The upcoming gigs are stand alone non-album related performances so Sean, Rob and Ian looked at stand alone non-album related creative"

WOW.

P.s: sorry if someone posted it before me, I hadn't noticed..

Archived