IGNORED

Autechre live 2014

jhonny

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you read this note from The Designers Republic?

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152733528652214.1073741850.40856697213&type=3

"New TDR™ Autechre (æ) work.

Autechre are playing live dates for the first time in too long time.

The upcoming gigs are stand alone non-album related performances so Sean, Rob and Ian looked at stand alone non-album related creative"

WOW.

P.s: sorry if someone posted it before me, I hadn't noticed..

That post was the reason this 7-page thread was created, wasn't that hard to miss :) ? There was also already a thread after this about cancelling this tour, except for a handful of dates in the Netherlands, Belgium (or is that cancelled too?) and Glasgow I think it was.

Have you read this note from The Designers Republic?

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152733528652214.1073741850.40856697213&type=3

"New TDR™ Autechre (æ) work.

Autechre are playing live dates for the first time in too long time.

The upcoming gigs are stand alone non-album related performances so Sean, Rob and Ian looked at stand alone non-album related creative"

WOW.

P.s: sorry if someone posted it before me, I hadn't noticed..

That post was the reason this 7-page thread was created, wasn't that hard to miss :) ? There was also already a thread after this about cancelling this tour, except for a handful of dates in the Netherlands, Belgium (or is that cancelled too?) and Glasgow I think it was.

Mmm ok didn't realize that..however recently I asked to organizers of Club to Club Festival (that has to be in november in Turin, Italy) if there's the possibility to invite Autechre, they answered me that they're not around in the festival's week (5-9 november)..shame :sad:

So... according to the Sacrum Profanum program, Autechre will be playing at 2:00 AM while the whole party starts at 9:00 PM. I have no idea why are they playing so late because:

1) Many people will be drunk already

2) Many people will be sleepy and tired already (not a good combo with their intricate music)

Not a good choice in my opinion.

On the other hand, everyone will get free earplugs at the entrance to protect their hearing as the show is supposed to be loud. That is a good choice.

They nearly always play after midnight.

I unfortunately found that out the first time I went to see them on the Untilted tour. There was no way I would've been able to see them and get a train home and had to go home before they started.

I've been a lot more prepared for every other ae show after that.

They nearly always play after midnight.

I unfortunately found that out the first time I went to see them on the Untilted tour. There was no way I would've been able to see them and get a train home and had to go home before they started.

I've been a lot more prepared for every other ae show after that.

Yeah, fortunately, I am prepared as I have booked one night in a hostel in Krakow, so that's OK. But I will definitely be considerably less fresh for Ae at 2 AM nevertheless and that is not really ideal state of things for me as I take listening to them quite seriously.

Archived