IGNORED

Star Wars Episode VII *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Rubin Farr

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice artistic rendering of all the Star Wars ships compared by size. The only place he screwed up was with the Death Stars, Death Star I was 160km in diameter, while Death Star II at Endor was 900km diameter, over 5 1/2 times the size of the original. That was hard to convey on screen, and was mentioned in the opening crawl of ROTJ, but when you're talking about planetary sized objects, that's beyond most humans' perception.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/11/all-the-awesome-spaceships-and-vehicles-of-star-warsin-one-cool-graphic/

jesus christ dude look at yourself my god

Guest bitroast

the death star is cool, lots going on.

attempting the rebuild the death star again is just such a funny idea.

it's sort of getting a coyete and road runner vibe to it.

yeah, they could have told a completely new story, and it's not like they don't have an mountain of locked in and copyrighted source material to draw from already. People would of gone because star wars. ahh well.

i'll be sad to think that all the nature on the icy moon forest planet gets scraped into oblivion once they turn the daft star on

Guest bitroast

"you won't stop us this time now that we've got a brand spanking new .. DEATH STAR."

*rebels blow up death star*

"Rebbelllllsss!!"

star-wars-darth-vader-spinning.gif

Nice artistic rendering of all the Star Wars ships compared by size. The only place he screwed up was with the Death Stars, Death Star I was 160km in diameter, while Death Star II at Endor was 900km diameter, over 5 1/2 times the size of the original. That was hard to convey on screen, and was mentioned in the opening crawl of ROTJ, but when you're talking about planetary sized objects, that's beyond most humans' perception.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/11/all-the-awesome-spaceships-and-vehicles-of-star-warsin-one-cool-graphic/

jesus christ dude look at yourself my god

Guest bitroast

it does make sense that the imperials WANT a death star, tbh.

with that kind of POWER, they would be unstoppable. (according to movie logic, of course).

i want a death star :(

there's a lot of stuff i'd want the death star for other than the fact that it's a death star, what powers it for example. The physics behind, the energy beams and tractor beams and how does one create artificial gravity and warp into hyperspace or whatever they call that in the star wars universe. So much cool tech you could extract from that one device. or even extract from a small cruiser.

/buys limpy a mickey mouse mask

lol it's all fantasy in some way, even things that self identify themselves as 'hard' science fiction really only rely on what we now think can be done extrapolating from those laws that we currently think underpin everything and so is set a 'fantasy' within this quite fantastical framework. For example novels from 40 years ago had people travelling to the stars, and yet the characters still find themselves bound by old age and using clunky space weapons when in parallel they had figured out faster than light travel. Clearly this then is a fantasy, divorced from prospective reality.

Then there's star wars, remember the third of authur c. clarkes laws of prediction; "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". Therefore even the force 'could' perhaps have an underpinning less fantastical than we currently understand. Certainly the rest of the vaguely explained technology could come under the classification of science fiction, given the main tools utilized have a technological underpinning rather than, something magical. Ships need power to run, parts and labour are required, it's a technological economy that is science fiction.

Sorry man, i'm trying to put off sleep so being a bitch and counterpointing your point as an exercise in your frustration. And if you couldn't figure out what i was saying, i am stating that stuff people think is science fiction can be fantasy, and that star wars veers more into the science fiction territory. But it's all really a fantasy, a science fiction fantasy.

hah [-; luvf dlee ..

Guest bitroast

yeah it's a hybrid of the two.

it's just one of those things where i don't think the creators put much thought into the logistics of these things beyond .. picking the most iconic, best looking ships. aesthetics and strong iconology over> logistics.

so.. the instant the question of logistics of physicalities comes into star wars (and specifically star wars more than .. star trek, 2001, alien, etc. etc. etc.) my brain just shuts off. the moment u spend more time thinking about something the creators didnt think about. no thxxx

These look like a cool promotional item, but you have to be running ios 8 or newer for iPhone version, and be a Verizon customer to buy one (they are on ebay)

http://youtu.be/GZuhuH8iIEA

http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/starwars/?cmp=SOC-C-HQ-NON-A-AW-NONE-WNW_SWC_TWT_LIVE-2S0RG0-RG-P-TWT-RE-SL-NONE

u wot.

u avin a go?

pls get back to me once u have figured out the physics behind operating the death star :)

It's all dilithium crystals, suspended in an posiproton antimatter matter cage, that flux the z manifold into and through sub space aether link to create a locked grid within which a neutral energy state is reached in the surrounding architecture of the death star. Localized instability grids, then tweek the energy flow into subspace in their sector, creating the necessary gravity for that area.

As for how they generate the vast amount of energy required, it's quite simple really. Given the above revelations ..............................

Guest bitroast

there goes my theory.. thousands upon thousands of Salacious B. Crumbs on exercise bikes hooked up to one massive power generator.

Archived